Finally I know what Rants and Raves actually mean

I'm a non native-speaker of English and today had time to finally look up what this category atually means lol.
I like it in German as well, "Geschimpfe/Gezeter und Begeisterung/Enthusiasmus". :smiley:

4 Likes

Your post is neither rant nor rave so perhaps it should go to another category?

:wink:

3 Likes

Shall I rant about the rant and raves category? :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

No actually I'll rave about it instead:
Honestly I think it is a good idea. I know it from my job, sometimes you really need a place to rant (or rave) about a software.
I (sadly) do need to rant about my sofware occasionally I'm supporting in my job. And I am really thankful for my work-mates who might have experienced the same issues.
Just another bug. - Oh it is a bug I've reported like half a year ago. Why the f*** nothing has happened since then? The 10th customer has reported this Bug now. - Oh well.... :smiley: :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe make a onomatopoeia for the non English speakers. For rants and raves. Sounds like a good challenge.

1 Like

That's a tough one. I'd really need to think about it how that would work in German.

1 Like
1 Like

Oh I know one in Russian: чут-чут (chut-chut) which means "a bit".

I know a Welsh one...
Popty Ping.
Allegedly.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Speaking of onomatopoeia, do you know what was the word for cat in the Middle Egyptian language (cca. 2000 B.C.)?

This:

(it's pronounced "miaw"* :smile_cat: )

* Reconstructed pronunciation. The conventional Egyptological pronunciation is "miu", but it does not reflect the original.

5 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by