Few settings missing in nvidia-settings

Driver installed: video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-455xx-prime (during manjaro installation)
I use the nvidia gpu to run games using prime-run and the intel gpu for normal usage. Everything works fine. But some settings are missing. I see the same using

sudo prime-run nvidia-settings

I also get an error

(nvidia-settings:21478): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 15:06:39.987: g_object_unref: assertion ‘G_IS_OBJECT (object)’ failed

ERROR: nvidia-settings could not find the registry key file. This file should have been installed along with this driver at
/usr/share/nvidia/nvidia-application-profiles-key-documentation. The application profiles will continue to work, but values cannot be prepopulated or
validated, and will not be listed in the help text. Please see the README for possible values and descriptions.

What seems to be wrong here?

2 Likes

I see exact the same window. I haven’t figured out how to enable more options for nvidia driver. Is it PRIME limitation?

I think it could be. I’m not sure…

Having same issue here. I use video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime. In another post there’s someone saying that they fixed it using Optimus Manager. Maybe I’ll try it later

If the nvidia GPU is not driving the screen, then you will not be able to access the other options. With optimus-manager, you can switch to its “nvidia” mode, which will configure Xorg such that the nvidia GPU will be driving the screen.

2 Likes