Favorite Fonts?

In the spirit of the "What Browser..." thread:

What Fonts do you always return to?

Personally I used to be in love with Roboto anything but I recently discovered the Fira (Mozilla's font family) series.
I have it as my default font in everything now, my only problem with it is that it lacks a Serif option, it only has Sans, Coding and Mono.
Needless to say I am running Coding in my terminal. It is the one terminal font I find easily readable at 8pts in the Terminal, btw (tho I usually run my terminals at 12 points font size).

4 Likes

My manjaro xfce defaulted to Cantarell when I first used it. Loved it and since then, it has been cantarell all the way.

I really hope someone comes up and says Comic Sans, would spice up the thread pretty well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

"Comic Sans"
NO!!! You're Crazy!! It's Copperplate Bold!"

Cantarell is nice, tho I prefer eating them :wink:
Seriously it's nice, but Fira Sans really reminds me of it but is a little clearer to read, at least to me, while actually being slightly more compact at the same time.

Noto fonts are good. It is just annoys me it includes tons of asian fonts and have to delete them because don't want to see it in the drop down lists. I don't know if there is a way to delete them with a command like in ubuntu, mint ?

3 Likes

noto fonts for me

1 Like

Menlo (Introduced in Mac OS X Snow Leopard) has been my primary coding font since I switched to Atom Editor. Droid Sans Mono Regular came installed by default on the Cinnamon terminal and I haven't found a strong need to change it. It looks nice.

Fira Code and Inter look good too, though they're not my mainstays.

1 Like

font-manager

or something like that?

sudo pacman -S --asdeps noto-fonts

3 Likes

Depending on DE... Xfce has Noto as optional I think, but Manjaro Gnome has it as a mandatory dependency.

Edit: Other than that, seems like a good idea. Is it working well?

1 Like

My playgrounds are i3wm, Xfce, Deepin and KDE.
Sometimes I then get mixed up what I have set where :smiley:
I use in i3 Inkscape, Blender, ... and Font list are always short :wink:
So, seems it work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sans-Serif: Noto.
Serif: Gentium (only in text documents).
Monospace: Ubuntu Mono and Terminus.

I would NEVER be able to survive without Meta Pro and Roboto, best fonts ever for subtitles on media players.

1 Like

Meta looks very similar to Fira.

1 Like

Yup, I actually got curious while reading your post and took a look at Fira. ¡Extremely similar indeed!

Went to town in the Font manager. Let's see if i broke something by disabling too many.

I use these fonts:

UI: Noto Sans
Terminal: Hack Nerd Font Mono
Printed text: Libertinus Serif
Screen text: Literata

1 Like

For monospace I really like Iosevka.

1 Like

UI: Noto Sans
Terminal: terminus-font

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looking very good. If I get tired of Fira Code I'll try it.

1 Like

I prefer the cheesecake font, with the tiramisu font a very distant second. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Source Code Pro for monopsace

2 Likes

Forum kindly sponsored by