Fan noise in Asus laptop

Hello
I have a problem with my laptop fan, when I restart my laptop, the fan is hard working and has loud noise, which is really loud
I have Asus X540up, Manajro 20, Gnome env.
when I had Ubuntu there wasn’t this problem, but when I install arch and after that Manjaro, this problem was created
anyone can help me?

Show is the output of “top” and “uptime” when the fan is running loud. You can use a pastebin for that.

Please explain to me more about this pastebin, and how can I show “top” and “uptime”? I really nobe, thank you

I didn’t understand you’re meaning about “top” and “uptime” but, I used im-sponsors and stuff like that, and I get these results, first for when laptop fan isn’t going har which have not noised and second for working hard fan

Please look cpu_fan

asus-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
cpu_fan: 2300 RPM

acpitz-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
temp1: +36.0°C (crit = +103.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Package id 0: +37.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0: +37.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1: +36.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

BAT0-acpi-0
in0: 11.10 V

pch_skylake-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: +34.0°C

=====================================================

asus-isa-0000
cpu_fan: 25500 RPM

acpitz-acpi-0
temp1: +38.0°C (crit = +103.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Package id 0: +38.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0: +37.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1: +38.0°C (high = +100.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

BAT0-acpi-0
in0: 11.10 V

pch_skylake-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: +35.0°C

Have a look at:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/fan_speed_control#Asus_laptops
for fan control.

@lagagnon meant you should check with a system monitor (such as top or -a nice alternative- htop, both to be started from a console) or the in-built GNOME system monitor, whether there is any process that creates a heavy CPU load (in which case the fanspeed works totally correct, but a program or system process does not).

Pastebin explained: Pastebin - Ubuntu Wiki

thanks for your answer
i installed amdgpu-experimental but still when i reboot my laptop fan working hard with loud noise

please anyone answer to me

I honestly dont think it has anything to do with your drivers.
You will be booting into the intel by default … and thats built into the kernel.

What exactly made them say that? What kind of experts are these people?

In any case your question

How can i install my two vga drivers in laptop?

Is answered

But your real issue is:

Maybe its an issue with your BIOS? Maybe you need to clean out the machine?
Maybe you want to tweak power parameters or TLP.

What makes you think the ‘drivers’ are the reason for the fan?

i’m sorry if i asked badly,I do not know exactly what computer science they specialize in, but they answered me anyway, I do not know exactly, maybe you are right, anyway, is there a way to solve my problem?
i had ubuntu 20 and 18 once, its didn’t have this problem and i only have manjaro distribution on my laptop not anything more

Maybe you should try a lower kernel.
(an LTS like 4.4, 4.19, 5.4)

I’d install 4.4 and 5.4 and the latest version, the problem didn’t solve, I really tired, I like manjaro but I don’t know why it does not like me :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :sleepy: :sleepy:

I dont know if its a ‘manjaro’ problem.

I do see that your BIOS is 2 or 3 years out of date.

it maybe can show any info of problem

please see segment of Fan 1 -> asus its work on 25500 rpm when i reboot but in natural mode its less than 3000 rpm

wow , how can i update it?

Go to your manufacturer website and get the new BIOS.

Probably something like this:
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-X540UP/HelpDesk_Download/

its just have windows installer do i need install windows for bios?

You will have to look at your manual and such … some motherboards you can boot from a fat32 USB and run the installer from there. Others a utility may exist, and so on.

I don’t have any hardware knowledge, I don’t think I can do this, because I didn’t find any resource about it, but I’m so grateful for spending your time to answer me, I think I have to say goodbye to my beloved distribution, damn on this laptop, good luck

I guess it could make sense to try other OS and see if the problem is or is not present. Cheers.

as I said before, I had ubuntu 20 and 18 once, this problem wasn’t there, but I had this problem with arch fedora, Debian, and now i have with manjaro
it’s strange, I have manjaro 20 on my pc, it’s all right, and I don’t have any problem like this although its hardware it’s so low