Pinephone doesn't boot after latest upgrade

This is pinephone - plasma-mobile - 20210306. Today I run pacman -Syu and rebooted. Instead of bringing up the graphic environment, the phone displays a couple of lines like so:

debugfs: File 'Bluetooth Playback' in directory 'dapm' already present!
debugfs: File 'Bluetooth Capture' in directory 'dapm' already present!

On the pinephone site, I found this thread. The system there doesn’t allow me in any more, so I couldn’t reply.

The log lines seem to be about a couple of empty files in directory /sys/kernel/debug/asoc/PinePhone/bt-sco-codec/dapm. Is that the reason why the phone doesn’t start correctly?

Warnings I got during the upgrade:

warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: libcamera-ipa will be installed before its libcamera dependency
warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/credstore/
filesystem: 0  package: 700
warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/credstore.encrypted/
filesystem: 0  package: 700
warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/bluetooth/
filesystem: 755  package: 555
warning: directory permissions differ on /etc/sudoers.d/
filesystem: 755  package: 750
==> WARNING: consolefont: no font found in configuration

These were sometime fixed and sometimes left as-is. Non of them seems to be critical.

Any hint?

I do not know from what you posted but everyone else here had issue with their pine phones after update because they had the now defunct qt5-es2 packages installed. The fix:

sudo pacman -S qt5-base qt5-declarative qt5-multimedia pyside2.

That did it! It went like so:

[ale@alesmart ~]$ sudo pacman -S qt5-base qt5-declarative qt5-multimedia pyside2
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: pyside2 and pyside2-es2 are in conflict. Remove pyside2-es2? [y/N] Y
:: qt5-base and qt5-es2-base are in conflict. Remove qt5-es2-base? [y/N] Y
:: qt5-declarative and qt5-es2-declarative are in conflict. Remove qt5-es2-declarative? [y/N] Y
:: qt5-multimedia and qt5-es2-multimedia are in conflict. Remove qt5-es2-multimedia? [y/N] Y

Packages (8) pyside2-es2-5.15.3-3 [removal]  qt5-es2-base-5.15.10+kde+r129-1 [removal]
             qt5-es2-declarative-5.15.10+kde+r26-1 [removal]  qt5-es2-multimedia-5.15.10+kde+r3-1 [removal]  pyside2-5.15.10-1
             qt5-base-5.15.10+kde+r145-1  qt5-declarative-5.15.10+kde+r29-1  qt5-multimedia-5.15.10+kde+r3-1

Total Download Size:    24.27 MiB
Total Installed Size:  160.94 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       13.41 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 

Next reboot brought up the GUI as normal. Thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.