Failing to load Quake 4 due to problems with libgcc

I installed Quake 4 using Add/Remove Software and have struck and issue with libgcc, when I run Quake 4 I get this message:

--------------- R_InitOpenGL ----------------
Initializing SDL subsystem
Loading GL driver ‘libGL.so.1’ through SDL
SDL_ListModes:
3840x1080 1920x1080 1680x1050 1440x900 1280x1024 1280x800 1280x720 1024x768 800x600 640x480
SDL_ListModes are currently ignored for resolution filtering. Set r_useSDLModes to 1 if you want it
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: libgcc_s.so.1: version GCC_7.0.0' not found (required by /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib32/dri, suffix _dri) libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: libgcc_s.so.1: version GCC_7.0.0’ not found (required by /usr/lib32/dri/radeonsi_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib32/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_7.0.0’ not found (required by /usr/lib32/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib32/dri, suffix _dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 152 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 42
Current serial number in output stream: 43
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
signal caught: Aborted
si_code -6
Trying to exit gracefully…
pure virtual method called
terminate called recursively
double fault Aborted, bailing out

Anyone have any ideas on how to get past this?

Looks like 32bit application. Did you install this?

pamac install lib32-gcc-libs
2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did. Turns out the game comes with its own version in it’s folder that needs to deleted before starting. It’s starting now and I’m now into other more manageable problems.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.