Failed triple booting between windows 7, manjaro, and ubuntu

Why i always fail triple boot between windows 7, manjaro, and ubuntu?
When ubuntu is finished install, I have run “sudo update-grub” (without quotes), and already detected all the operating system that I have installed.
When I boot into windows 7, it runs smoothly.
When I boot into ubuntu that I just installed, it also runs smoothly.
But when I boot to manjaro, it always fails and the error message “KERNEL PANIC” appears.
How can I boot into manjaro?
Thanks.

You must run update-grub in manjaro as ubuntu’s is different. I think manjaro’s grub can boot ubuntu and windows so that should be ok.

Other distos’ grub cannot boot Manjaro, there is a fix for it somwhere in this forum if you look for it.
The workaround would be to boot Manjaro from Manjaro’s grub. And it can boot other distros too.

How to? Even i can not boot into manjaro.
Sorry if i’m bad in english.

If you have an UEFI system, try this:

When you start your computer, there should be an option to choose which bootloader you want to use - something like Boot Device Options. You have to press an F-key right after startup to bring it up (it depends on the computer which key it is, you can look it up online if you are not sure). When you get to this menu, it should show a Manjaro entry, select this and it will take you to Manjaro’s grub and you can start Manjaro from there.

If you use BIOS-legacy, see this link.
(There is a link at the bottom of this post with instructions on how to make Manjaro bootable from another OS’s grub)

My laptop is UEFI system.
Some say to edit grub entry.
Initially I was confused how to edit entry grub, until finally I fresh install single boot manjaro.
And i now know how to edit grub entry thanks to my friend on facebook, but i still comfortable with manjaro: D
So, i’m currently single boot manjaro until windows is needed.

Seriously, UEFI is much easier to multiple boot.
At boot setup (F10) and some bios allows you to pick which is the default bootrorder (they call this ‘bootorder’) or if the bios do not have this facility, at any linux OS, you can just set up the bootorder yourself using ‘efibootmgr’. The link that muser gave is for bios-legacy boot. As you can see, uefi is much easier.

Try it. At your terminal just type ‘efibootmgr’ and to adjust anything, here’s a simple easy to understan site to guide you. And like muser, we’re all here to help.

Cheers.

Some UEFI’s do not allow you to select the boot options, or only 1 or 2 options are listed, but in general @gohlip advice is correct and you should be able to select Manjaro’s grub from within your bios settings. If you can’t on your machine read my post here, as this will get you instant access to your Manjaro installation: Windows 10 Creators Update deleting GRUB

Once in Manjaro you can easily set Manjaro’s grub as default, or you can fully install ReFind as your bootloader if you like it. Also if you can boot Ubuntu, you can just fully install Refind right from Ubuntu using the PPA. Either way, the portable ReFind USB is a good thing to have hanging around.

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark