Failed to start NetworkManager-wait-online.service

hello,
i installed manjaro 20.0.3 genome version.
after the installation i update the repositories (around 400 number and 900 mb size)
when i reboot my laptop after that process the OS failed to boot.
the dialogue displayed on the screen is is similar like this
boot failed:failed to start network manager wait online service.
i reinstall the os
and i type a command ā€œsudo systemctl disable networkmanageā€
taken from internet browsing.
but os booting failed this time also.
the difference was this time there is no dialogue or nothing but a blank screen with a frozen cursor.
i reinstall the os third time now.
i still did not update. iam afraid it will break my system again but i need to update the system for later drives of NVIDIA GPU card.
can you please help me to figure out this problem?
NB: i have another O.S called fedora in my system. but i install both OS in separate manual partitions

Did you know that the forum has a search function? :stuck_out_tongue:

:arrow_down:

Hello,

Just passed by to mention that this should be corrected, so new forum members will not get confused

ā€œgenomeā€ (genetic material) should be Gnome.

Ok, the two mentioned services are not the same, even tho ā€œrelatedā€. Also remember that all names are case sensitive. If you want to mask/disable a service you need to use it as is.

systemctl mask NetworkManager-wait-online

can be done with no issue, but NetworkManager should not be stopped/masked/disabled unless you replaced that service with connman or use a different way to connect to internet automatically.

This solution doesnā€™t seem to work in my case.

It was not marked as solved. Try masking/disabling NetworkManager-wait-online service as bogdan suggested and reboot.

1 Like

We should not necro-bump topics as per forum rules.