Today i reinstalled my graphics drivers. Everything worked just fine, but when i rebooted my PC it didn’t start and gave me this error.
This is the result that lsblk gives me:
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
loop0 7:0 0 146.8M 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/livefs
loop1 7:1 0 1.2G 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/mhwdfs
loop2 7:2 0 1.4G 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/desktopfs
loop3 7:3 0 653.7M 1 loop /run/miso/sfs/rootfs
sda 8:0 0 931.5G 0 disk
└─sda1 8:1 0 931.5G 0 part
sdb 8:16 0 447.1G 0 disk
├─sdb1 8:17 0 300M 0 part
├─sdb2 8:18 0 438G 0 part
└─sdb3 8:19 0 8.8G 0 part
sdc 8:32 1 14.9G 0 disk
├─sdc1 8:33 1 3.5G 0 part /run/miso/bootmnt
└─sdc2 8:34 1 4M 0 part
sr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom
I also sadly don’t have any timeshift backups from before reinstalling the drivers. Please help me, i don’t wanna lose my files
How did you do that exactly?
I went to hardware configuration in settings, rightclicked on my nvidia driver, and clicked reinstall Driver.
My computer hasn’t been doing that great recently, so i thought it was maybe because of an outdated driver.
If it were out of date … then it would need an update along with the rest of your system.
Just do your updates.
It sounds like maybe … you ended up in a partial-upgrade state?
In whatever case you will need to get to the running system by using possibly runlevel3 or chroot with a live usb.
When we have problems gaining access to our systems it is difficult to gather information, let alone fix any problems. Here we will cover common causes and solutions to ‘manjaro wont boot’.
If your desktop does not load properly then you might still be able to use most, if not all, functionality by dropping to a non-graphical TTY.
By default your system will have multiple TTYs, with each corresponding to an Fx key. Your desktop is assigned to one as well - most often F1.
You can chang…
It looks like you are already in a live system (judging by the miso entries)
So … if root is a regular ext4 partition you can do
And continue from there.
For more info we would probably need the outputs of:
mhwd -l -li
But we will probably be starting with a good old update, syncing mirrors first for good measure:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f
sudo pacman -Syu
So there might be just the tiniest issue
error: Partition / too full: 468965 blocks needed, 130825 blocks free
error: failed to commit transaction (not enough free disk space)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
So it turns out my partition doesn’t have enough space. I have no idea how to handle this from a live system.
But, i’m still gonna give you some outputs:
Well … we can start a few places.
From the chroot…
This will clean the package cache, keeping 2 latest. Then remove cache of any uninstalled packages.
This will hopefully get you a bit.
Of course … you could go looking for large directories …
du -sh /* | sort -h
It gives me this error:
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: libgedit-amtk and amtk are in conflict
…that doesnt make sense. It should be removing … the cache … not installed packages.
Please include the full output, including your commands as entered.
No, i did paccache already, and then i did the pacman -Syu again, sorry, that was not very clear
Cannot upgrade due to conflict of this foreign package.
The other output which would give more context is missing.
I would say remove
amtk (and/or whatever depends on it) …
amtk is not a valid package in the repos or the AUR.
You can inspect it, including the deps:
pacman -Qi amtk
pactree will show everything relying on it:
pactree -r amtk
To remove it:
sudo pacman -Rns amtk
(again this is assuming it is the thing installed, rather than some package depending on it … I cannot know with the current outputs)
and now it has an issue with this when i upgrade:
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
manjaro-gnome-settings: /etc/xdg/Kvantum/kvantum.kvconfig exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
Looks like you overwrote a package file?
We can move/back-up the file before proceeding…
sudo mv /etc/xdg/Kvantum/kvantum.kvconfig /etc/xdg/Kvantum/kvantum.kvconfig.bak
It’s super late and I’m having some difficulties anyways, see you tomorrow I’m going to sleep
i’ve made a dumb mistake. I’ve apparently not been doing this update stuff through the chroot. These are the errors i get there:
This guy saved me:
sudo pacman -Syu glibc-locales --overwrite /usr/lib/locale/*/*
That was just the most recent instruction in the update announcements.
glibc-locales update requires manual intervention
If you had the old
glibc-locales package from the extra repo installed, the update to the new core package will need manual intervention:
sudo pacman -Syu glibc-locales --overwrite /usr/lib/locale/\*/\*
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.