Failed to prepare transaction <2>

Good day all,

I see a slew of new updates but I get 2 pop-up errors (both the same thing);

could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing lib32-mesa-git breaks dependency ‘lib32-mesa’ required by lib32-gtk3,
- if possible, remove lib32-gtk3 and retry
- removing lib32-mesa-git breaks dependency ‘lib32-mesa’ required by lib32-libglvnd,
- if possible, remove lib32-libglvnd and retry
- removing lib32-mesa-git breaks dependency ‘lib32-opengl-driver’ required by lib32-libglvnd,

and…

could not satisfy dependencies:
- removing lib32-mesa-git breaks dependency ‘lib32-mesa’ required by lib32-gtk3,
- if possible, remove lib32-gtk3 and retry
- removing lib32-mesa-git breaks dependency ‘lib32-mesa’ required by lib32-libglvnd,
- removing lib32-mesa-git breaks dependency ‘lib32-opengl-driver’ required by lib32-libglvnd,

|

sudo pacman -Syyu ultimately yields same;

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Checking which packages need to be rebuilt
foreign libunity

:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: sndio: local (20180120-1) is newer than community (1.7.0-3)
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing lib32-libelf (0.183-3) breaks dependency 'lib32-elfutils' required by lib32-mesa-git
:: installing lib32-llvm-libs (11.1.0-1) breaks dependency 'lib32-llvm-libs=11.0.1' required by lib32-mesa-git
:: installing llvm-libs (11.1.0-1) breaks dependency 'llvm-libs=11.0.1' required by mesa-git

Unfortunately; I don’t know if attempting to follow the instructions will end up breaking my install, I don’t know how to go about following those instructions if it’s safe to do so (noob) or should I wait for updated install scripts. I’ve mesa-git installed to get Cyberpunk 2077 running.

Also, I’ve no idea what I can safely deselect to proceed with most of the other circa 240 updates…

KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.11.0-1-MANJARO

Thanks in advance.

—me

Went through the list slowly, 240+ items, these are the 16 that won’t update due to not being able to satisfy dependencies. I’m glad the system successfully rebooted though—I’ve got to set up that NAS already…

DO NOT do partial update to not fix your dependencies issues… This is WRONG. Manjaro do not support partial updates.

Fix you dependencies issues.

Read the message it explains why it doesn’t want to update:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing lib32-libelf (0.183-3) breaks dependency 'lib32-elfutils' required by lib32-mesa-git
:: installing lib32-llvm-libs (11.1.0-1) breaks dependency 'lib32-llvm-libs=11.0.1' required by lib32-mesa-git
:: installing llvm-libs (11.1.0-1) breaks dependency 'llvm-libs=11.0.1' required by mesa-git

You replaced mesa with mesa-git. It creates issues to update.

HOW do I fix the dependencies?

" You replaced mesa with mesa-git. It creates issues to update."

That’s very clear to me, so do I reinstall mesa and uninstall mesa-git? Why couldn’t this have been addressed by the installer since mesa-git is an Official Repository?

I think it was added by popular request when CyberPunk 2077 released, to allow people to play it, and not having to download and build and install it manually in their systems.

I’m not sure, but I would guess mesa-git as different dependencies than mesa, and other packages in the system conflict somehow. To fix your dependencies, first I would create a TimeShift backup in case you completely mess the system. I guess you don’t currently, regarding your previous comment

That smells “YOLO!” :rofl:

When you have a proper backup of your choice (TimeShift is my suggestion but whatever suits you) I would replace mesa-git packages by mesa packages, and I would then update the system.

The problem was solved by utilizing muvvenby’s response to this post.

Simple, painless, clean; sudo pacman -S --nodeps lib32-mesa mesa

Awesomesauce!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.