now what?

does it work now? after reboot?

wasnt aware I had to reboot, will do now

Success!
Thank you all for your help, appreciate it

Now who gets the 'tick' for the answer?

@xircon post that had the sudo pacman -S xfce4-gtk3

Thanks and done

What happened then, a corruption of some kind?

Probably:

You have to pay attention to output and messages as they can contain important information.

Manjaro is not an "install and forget" operating system. It's ideal if you want to learn how to use a Linux OS with cutting-edge software, and when you're learning you should get used to the idea of breaking things, learning from how you broke it, reinstalling, breaking it in a different way, repeat.

1 Like

Sorry, had to get the laundry in :smiley:

You appear to have both gtk2 & 3 programs installed, you are using the gtk3 version, so all that did was reinstall and get rid of the gtk2 versions.

Glad you are working again.

Yes I appreciate that Now, the speed took me by surprise.
I am fine with reinstalling and was about to in fact but thought it best to ask first in case. I Know that I have a lot of learning to do and I look forward to that. I am disabled and have time on my hands often, so learning something will be good for me.
Many thanks all

1 Like

Me too, failed left knee arthroplasty (replacement knee) wish I had never had it done. This is a friendly place, ask away :smiley:

I've been trying to save the contents of my freezer as well, after only discovering a day late that the workmen in to refit the kitchen had switched the dang thing off

Crap! Eat the ice cream first :smiley:

I really hate the swear filter :smiley:

CIDP, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (flash way of saying that my immune system doesn't like the nerves outside of my spine), plus a whole heap of other 'fun' stuff :grinning:

My missus has lots of immune problems (back in a bit - go to go(

Quick Tip: To find a little info about your system, sudo pacman -S screenfetch and then screenfetch. The pacman one just installs it. Also, check out man inxi to find some info about the inxi info tool, it is very advacned. It is useful to output a inxi -Fxxxz in a post to find some info about the system (this one is more advacned, more info :wink:)

yeah i also have Buergers disease, that ones 'fun' as well, luckily I got it after the age of 50 so gangerine is unlikely for me thankfully!

warning: screenfetch-3.8.0.r107.g522c9c0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) screenfetch-3.8.0.r107.g522c9c0-1

Total Download Size: 0.05 MiB
Total Installed Size: 0.25 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

n, it's already installed

ok, thanks

Forum kindly sponsored by