Failed system update with REISUB afterwards lead to boot problem

I never expected this much of support from you guys. Thank you very much in advance. I understand there is a risk for me but fmpov I could get back to the snapshot I am working from right now via the Manjaro boot menu if I mess it up.

Thanks for the :crossed_fingers: !

PS Just to make sure, this is the output of my working snapshot enviroment right now (sudo -i)

`mount |grep nvme0n1p2`
/dev/nvme0n1p2 on / type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,discard=async,space_cache=v2,subvolid=697,subvol=/timeshift-btrfs/snapshots/2023-08-14_11-00-01/@)
/dev/nvme0n1p2 on /swap type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,discard=async,space_cache=v2,subvolid=260,subvol=/@swap)
/dev/nvme0n1p2 on /home type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,discard=async,space_cache=v2,subvolid=447,subvol=/@home)
/dev/nvme0n1p2 on /var/cache type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,discard=async,space_cache=v2,subvolid=258,subvol=/@cache)
/dev/nvme0n1p2 on /var/log type btrfs (rw,relatime,ssd,discard=async,space_cache=v2,subvolid=259,subvol=/@log)

This is before mount -t btrfs /dev/nvme0n1p2 /mnt. /mnt/ is empty atm.

You’re welcome. :wink:

Yes, that is normal. And just for your information, @home, @cache and @log will not be overwritten. Only the @ volume will be — or at least, if you’re doing it from the live environment.

Edit: Just to be on the safe side, once the copying is done but before rebooting, let’s make sure there aren’t any loose ends… :arrow_down:

umount /mnt
mount -t btrfs -o subvol=@ /dev/nvme0n1p2 /mnt
mount -t btrfs -o subvol=@home /dev/nvme0n1p2 /mnt/home
mount -t btrfs -o subvol=@log /dev/nvme0n1p2 /mnt/var/log
mount -t btrfs -o subvol=@cache /dev/nvme0n1p2 /mnt/var/cache
mount -t vfat  /dev/nvme0n1p1 /mnt/boot/efi
mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
mount -t proc proc /mnt/proc
mount -t sysfs sysfs /mnt/sys
mount -t efivarfs efivarfs /mnt/sys/firmware/efi/efivars
chroot /mnt /bin/bash
[ -f /var/lib/pacman/db.lck ] && rm -f /var/lib/pacman/db.lck
pacman-mirrors -f 5 && pacman -Syyu
mkinitcpio -P
update-grub
exit
2 Likes

Good news! The moment I was about to do what you suggested, I got a new information.

I simply “restored” the current snapshot in Timeshift. After that I was able to boot the default Grub menu item!

Thank you all for your help and your great support! I am sure someone could flag this the solution.

Have a great weekend @ all!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.