Fail to boot, cannot run update from terminal

After a reboot, my installation will not boot past the BIOS splash screen. From reading other posts such as this one (Cannot boot after update, previous kernels do not load), I concludedthat the issue was my Nvidia 440xx driver conflicting with the new update, so I uninstalled the driver and attempted to install the replacement. However, running sudo mhwd -i pci video-nvidia-455xx causes my machine to return a slew of error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db' errors, follwed by error: failed to synchronize all databases. I receive a similar error when attempting to run sudo pacman -Syyu, which was my first response to the failure to boot.

Can you give some more information ?

Post updated. It seems I mistakenly published an unfinished draft, apologies.

I wish I could make a record of what exactly was solved, but my boot works fine now. I booted into live media, tried to get into my installation using chroot, didn’t get anywhere, then rebooted my system. On reboot my original installation worked without issue.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.