External Wifi dongle stopped working

Hi guys,

I use two external USB wifi dongle’s, one is RLT 8192eu, the other I have no idea. Both are plug&play and used to work perfectly for a year or so and suddenly stopped. Changed the USB hub - nothing, plug&unplug - nothing again. When I boot into old Linux Mint distro - everything works perfectly again, when I boot to Manjaro, which is my main distro, it’s not being detected.
Please, help me to make it detectable on Manjaro again?

Thank you
S

There is no mention of the kernel in use. (kernel.org)

mhwd-kernel -li

If you are using 5.11 this kernel is unsupported - if you are using 5.12 - it is marked EOL

In any case should change to 5.13 or 5.14-rc3 or use 5.10LTS

I use 5.13, but on 5.12 doesn’t work either.
I have Deepin Manjaro installed, it does detect all Wifi device with the same kernels, but my main KDE Manjaro, doesn’t.

Well - that is a mystery - the only thing I can think of is :ghost: in the machine - and then NetworkManager.

What about the 5.10 LTS?

No, that didn’t work either.
I’ve tried to reinstall DKMS for one of cards, and saw this one:

I was sure I had DKMS working, but it appears not. Let’s see if reinstalling dkms will solve the issue.

S

ok, I am back with one working wifi dongle. Obviously problem in kernel modules. This is my wifi configuration:
Device-4 started to work, but device-3 is not being detected even if plugged.
What more is interesting, that device is hot like it would be working all the time. That’s very weird.