External Screen only on dGPU; no sound output via HDMI

Hey, Newbie & Noob here.

I googled a lot but couldnt find a solution to my problem.
I got a new laptop with dGPU and I installed Manjaro KDE (comming from Ubuntu).

I installed the drivers and can switch between the GPUs with optimus manager (after several problems). But my external screen is only working when Im on nvidia mode. And even then there is no sound via the HDMI, its not even listed anywhere.

When Im in hybrid or integrated mode I cant either see the external monitor at all or its listed but when I activate it, nothing happens. When I re-enter the configurations the monitor is deactivated again.

In the beginning I had installed proprietary drivers and the screen wouldnt work at all. Then I tried with the free drivers and it worked. But as soon as the proprietary drivers where installed: no chance!
After a lot of search and several different problems I found this (oh ok, I cant add links…), that sounded similar
(because:
Device-1: NVIDIA TU106M [GeForce RTX 2060 Mobile] driver: --NOW the output is:-- nvidia v: 460.39
Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Renoir driver: amdgpu v: kernel)

So I tried it and it (kinda…) worked. I did:

sudo modprobe nvidia -vv

lspci -k | grep -A 2 -E "(VGA|3D)"

So apparantely now the kernel is using nvidia for the external screen but the amd for sound, as far as I understand…?

Some infos (dont know exactly what is needed):

mhwd

> 0000:02:00.0 (0200:10ec:8168) Network controller Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         network-r8168            2016.04.20                true            PCI

> 0000:01:00.0 (0300:10de:1f15) Display controller nVidia Corporation:
video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime            2020.11.30               false            PCI
          video-nvidia            2020.11.30               false            PCI
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI
     video-modesetting            2020.01.13                true            PCI
            video-vesa            2017.03.12                true            PCI

> 0000:05:00.0 (0300:1002:1636) Display controller ATI Technologies Inc:
video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime            2020.11.30               false            PCI
           video-linux            2018.05.04                true            PCI
     video-modesetting            2020.01.13                true            PCI
            video-vesa            2017.03.12                true            PCI

xrandr --listproviders

Providers: number : 2
Provider 0: id: 0x1b8 cap: 0x1, Source Output crtcs: 4 outputs: 5 associated providers: 1 name:NVIDIA-0
Provider 1: id: 0x200 cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 4 outputs: 1 associated providers: 1 name:modesetting

Aplay -l

Karte 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], Gerät 0: ALC274 Analog [ALC274 Analog]
  Sub-Geräte: 0/1
  Sub-Gerät #0: subdevice #0

That depends on your hardware: some laptops don’t have the electronic wiring between the VGA/HDMI and internal display…

• Is your external screen equipped with speakers?
  • Is your HDMI cable equipped with Audio?

Please read this:
How to provide good information
and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies as an inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

:+1: