Suspend in pinebook pro sway edition status?

Hi there,

I’m using latest sway edition in my pinebook pro and configured it to s2idle (with the default u-boot already updated as well, not uboot-bsp)… it seems to work fine as when I open the lid it asks my user password and it drops me into my desktop… but I cannot do anything else…

If I suspend it with an open terminal, I can type commands, but when I press enter to confirm the command, nothing happens… it ‘hangs’… even sudo reboot timesout and I need to forcefully power off by pressing the power button for a few seconds (while praying the journal gods to keep my filesystem healthy).

Anyone else has seen this behaviour?

Thanks!

Sorry, I haven’t been able to figure this out yet. I’ve upgraded my Pinebook Pro with a m2ssd and after that suspend no longer works for me. So usually I shut it down and boot it up afresh later. As this only takes 30secs or so it isn’t actually a dealbreaker for me right now… but getting suspend working in the long run is something I’m looking forward to.

1 Like

Hi, how did you make suspend working before you apgradeded an m2ssd?
I am only using the internal disk and suspend doesn’t work for me…

@pato , I think sleep or suspend was working with BSP u-boot on the PBP. I have some very vague memories about s2idle.
I’m disabling hibernation/ sleep on any machine I can most of the time. I can’t be of more help unfortunately.

It’s called suspend 3 in dmesg, s3 or s2ram in lit
About 7%/d,.,.,.,3 things
bsp-uboot, right kernel, no nvme, pcie driver is not yet

Thanks for your replies!
uboot-pinebookpro-bsp 1.5-7 is installed on my PBP, and also linux 5.0.1-3 together with linux-api-headers 5.8-1 and I don’t use nvme.
@wdt is it supposed to work like this?

kernel has to be at least 5.6 , late or 5.7 or 5.8, 5.9 not working
in /etc/systemd/sleep.conf, SuspendState=mem

Upping this thread. I still have issues resuming the pinebook pro. I’ve installed a fresh build yesterday in the eMMC, flashed the mainline uboot just in case:

sudo dd if=/boot/idbloader.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=64 conv=notrunc,fsync
sudo dd if=/boot/u-boot.itb of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=16384 conv=notrunc,fsync

Suspending the laptop with systemctl suspend works, but when trying to resume it, it just hangs… I cannot type anything, it doesn’t get any IP so I cannot debug it via ssh… it is curious tho that the mouse works…

I didn’t changed anything in /etc/systemd/sleep.conf is that still needed?

Thanks.

Good question… as I’m still running from an SSD I’ve no clue about the current suspend status in the kernel or u-boot…

1 Like