Latte-dock broken after update

I’ve just tried to update latte-dock to the latest using pacman and yay but the problem I’m facing is that pacman does not recognize that I have installed it before so how do I remove it to then reinstall it again. I get this distinctive error.

rodude123 @ rohits-PC ~ └─ $ sudo pacman -S latte-dock
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) latte-dock-0.9.12-1

Total Installed Size:  4.47 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                 [##################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                               [##################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                    [##################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                              [##################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
latte-dock: /etc/xdg/latte-indicators.knsrc exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /etc/xdg/latte-layouts.knsrc exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/bin/latte-dock exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kpackage/packagestructure/latte_packagestructure_indicator.so exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/lib/qt/plugins/plasma_containmentactions_lattecontextmenu.so exists in filesystem

latte-dock: /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte.shell/contents/presets/Unity.layout.latte exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte.shell/contents/presets/multiple-layouts_hidden.layout.latte exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte.shell/contents/scripting/BackgroundTracer.qml exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte.shell/contents/views/InfoView.qml exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte.shell/contents/views/Panel.qml exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte.shell/metadata.desktop exists in filesystem
latte-dock: /usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.latte.shell/metadata.json exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

If you installed the AUR package then pacman will not recognize it. If you want to stick with the one from official repositories, then you first have to make sure your system is fully updated, so you can do:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu latte-dock
or
pamac install latte-dock

For the exists in file system you can use
pacman -S latte-dock --overwrite "*"

3 Likes

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.