Ethernet conection is down on my Lenovo 3020 AIO desktop computer

Hi friends,

My ethernet connection i.e. wired internet connection on my home desktop is down. This is a dual boot computer with WIindows 10. I see that this is working fine when I boot with Windows OS. However wireless adapter is working fine. There are no proprietary drivers used. I tried restarting the modem and also changed the cable. But no luck.

ethernet error-new

ethernet error

Pasting herewith the screenshot. I have installed GUFW and enabled it with default values. I assume this is not an issue. Any pointers will be highly appreciated. If any additional inputs are needed, please let me know.

Regards
Ganesh

Hello @GMP :wink:

Do you need to enable both? Wired and Wireless connection? The message just says, that the connection has been deactivated. Maybe the reason is just because Wireless Connection is working?

But i guess you have to simply activate it in KNetworkManager or similar. No idea what is actually used there.

This displays the configs of each device:

nmcli device show 

Thank you for your response @megavolt as always. You are right, I may not use both of them together. But when I tried to switch only to wired mode, issue persisted.

Yesterday I happened to mess with my user id theme badly. After all tinkering i chose to delete and recreate the id. This has not only solved the theme corruption issue. But also solved this wired network issue. New screenshot attached.

Screenshot_20210607_080845

All in all, I am not clear on what exactly is causing the corruption of network settings, themes etc. I have not tried intentionally to alter anything. I was only trying to install all familiar apps and browsing the net. Except this one bit, everything else is pleasant.

Regards
Ganesh

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.