Help needed with obs-websocket

I’m trying to use obs-cli. Github page says it needs obs-websocket. But the github page of the obs-websocket says no need to install it with obs-studio > 28.0.0 and I have 29.0.2-2. But I can’t find the “obs-websocket Settings” dialog under OBS’ “Tools” menu as described under obs-websocket github page.

And when I try the obs-cli scene list command I get error: dial tcp [::1]:4444: connect: connection refused. I think I have to configure obs-websocket in order to connect but obs-websocket doesn’t seem to work.

I also tried installing AUR package obs-websocket-bin but it gave an error saying the following plugin failed to load

Looks like the unofficial Arch-Build ignore it: svntogit-community/ignore_unused_submodules.patch at packages/obs-studio · archlinux/svntogit-community · GitHub

Flatpak and Ubuntu should have it compiled. You can also build obs yourself. The AUR-Version has the websocket enabled: PKGBUILD - aur.git - AUR Package Repositories

Installed flatpak with it’s compatibility plugin flatpak and now it’s working. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.