Error with Keyring update

If the last lines bleow the errors looks similar to this, you are ok:

==> Locally signing trusted keys in keyring...
  -> Locally signed 3 keys.
==> Importing owner trust values...
gpg: setting ownertrust to 4
==> Disabling revoked keys in keyring...
  -> Disabled 8 keys.
==> Updating trust database...
gpg: marginals needed: 3  completes needed: 1  trust model: pgp
gpg: depth: 0  valid:   1  signed:  21  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 1u
gpg: depth: 1  valid:  21  signed:  96  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 21m, 0f, 0u
gpg: depth: 2  valid:  73  signed:  27  trust: 73-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 0u
gpg: next trustdb check due at 2023-07-07
Running post-transaction hooks...
Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...                                                                                                                                                                                 [1/2]
Refreshing PackageKit...                                                                                                                                                                                       [2/2]
Transaction successfully finished.

I also got errors while doing the commands on the page

Maybe you forgot to delete old keys? Or to init? Why don’t you post the commands and output from your terminal. Just start a new, then grab everything and paste it in code tags.

No I did it right and it still producing errors

This looks like an clock issue - a dead cmos battery on 10y old mainboard?

Of course - taking into account - the nature of the entire topic - it is not conclusive - but it sure looks like it.

And the buildkey

I have tested the commands for resetting the keyrings - several times - open a terminal and execute - in order the following excerpt from my test vm - of course if you read this thread in 6months from 2023-06-16T22:00:00Z the filenames will be different

55  curl -O https://mirror.easyname.at/manjaro/pool/overlay/manjaro-keyring-20230616-3-any.pkg.tar.xz
56  curl -O https://mirror.easyname.at/manjaro/pool/sync/archlinux-keyring-20230504-1-any.pkg.tar.zst
57  sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
58  sudo pacman-key --init
59  sudo pacman -U manjaro-keyring*.pkg.tar.xz archlinux-keyring*.pkg.tar.zst

Lines like below can be safely ignored

gpg: error reading key: No public key

Resetting the keys works fine by me after the 16-3 version. The last time i did it according to the corrected version of the old wiki, which was essentially the new wiki. To sum up: i did not use --refresh-keys.

The time issue occured on my previous attempts with --refresh keys. I do not thik its was that good of a decision that command so i did not do it after the newest reset. Explanation: it run about 15 minutes, it contacted dosens of servers, some of them unreachable, it deleted dosens of cetrificates, it added dosens new, and it trew error on another dosen, so it basically just messes the things up.

I can try again if you want just for the sake of debugging (just tell me again the command because is not in the wiki anymore).

The laptop is 1 month old, the battery should be fine. And the first thing was to install ntp. I am dual booting with windows however, so it messes the clock from UTC to RTC after rebooting (GMT+2 DST, so it can be 2 hours off after rebooting, but it was not yesterday).
But 2 hours are not 3000 days…

So i don’t want to use the word bug :beetle: again but it seems a little like it. There is probably some certificate with messed date, from the dosens that are fetched from who knows where with -refresh command.

It was just an observation - and a guess on a the probable cause.

In my test there was no need to execute other commands.

[fh@lxqt ~]$ pacman-mirrors
Pacman-mirrors version 4.23.2
Local mirror status for stable branch
Mirror #1   OK  00:17   Austria  https://mirror.easyname.at/manjaro/

After the reset described - pacman functioned as expected

[fh@lxqt ~]$ sudo pacman -Syyu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                  143,6 KiB   756 KiB/s 00:00 [-----------------] 100%
 extra                1636,8 KiB  3,61 MiB/s 00:00 [-----------------] 100%
 multilib              145,5 KiB   674 KiB/s 00:00 [-----------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.