Error with boot selection: Verify media is present and retry

Hey guys I use w10 on an hp elitebook revolve 810 g3. I wanted to try running manjaro minimal from a live usb stick. I used rufus to burn the img and I think it all went great (I even checked against the checksum file beforehand so it is not corrupted). But pressing the f9 button during start and selecting external usb hard drive lands me this error: An error occured with the boot selection, verify media is present and retry. I’m at a loss here, what could’ve gone wrong? My boot mode is set to uefi native with gpt and secure boot is disabled as per the instructions.

fast boot needs to be disabled also, and use ventoy to flash the iso

1 Like

i did what you asked and i can access ventoy from my usb. the image file is showing up in the selection screen, too! but when i selected it, it said “no bootfile found for uefi! maybe the selection does not support x64 uefi”

check this:

Firmware checklist for EFI Systems

• :white_small_square: Disable CSM (Legacy) boot
  • :white_small_square: Disable Secure Boot
  • :white_small_square: Enable AHCI
  • :white_small_square: Use latest available firmware
  • :white_small_square: Disable Optane Memory and Rapid Storage Technology (RST)
  • :white_small_square: Disable RAID option
  • :white_small_square: Disable Fast Boot (if unable to boot from USB)

alright ill check them and let you know. also, regarding this there’s been something that’s bugging me for a while now- i downloaded manjaro minimal from under the “manjaro arm team” section in the downloads page. i know arm is a different architecture than amd64 (the one i have) – could that be of any relevance?

you have hp elitebook, so you should download normal version, and try with it