Error while loading shared libraries: libpoppler.so.101: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Running Doom Emacs 2.0.9 on Emacs 27.1 on Manjaro KDE.

When I compile a latex documents, it produces a PDF file and opens an emacs window to display it. But what is displayed is some text and not the PDF file.

The Messages buffer carries an error that says:

File mode specification error: (error Error running ‘/home/user/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build/pdf-tools/epdfinfo’: /home/user/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build/pdf-tools/epdfinfo: error while loading shared libraries: libpoppler.so.101: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This has started happening after a massive update to the OS. Earlier, the new window would show the PDF file.

Earlier I had asked the same question on emacs stack-exchange (emacs.stackexchange. com / questions/ 60490/ error-while-loading-shared-libraries-libpoppler-so-101-cannot-open-shared-obje). The solution seems to be installing poppler packages. But they were installed! This problem has started after the update.

So, may be something Manjaro specific needs to be done. What do I need to do set things right?

You need to recompile your local emacs plugins against the new libraries.