Error while generating iso with buildiso

Hello,

I have read the manjaro-wiki page Build Manjaro ISOs with buildiso and now every view months I create my own Manjaro-iso with buildiso, because this way I can install Manjaro preconfigured on many Computers without having to make the same settings individually on all of them.
Greate feature of Manjaro!

So far there have been no problems generating a Manjaro iso with Gnome-Desktop, both when creating stable-iso and testing-iso. But today i wanted to create a testing iso with ‘buildiso -f -p gnome -b testing’ and after a view minutes i got this error:

cp: cannot stat ‘/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/bootfs/usr/share/licenses/amd-ucode/LICENSE’: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in make_image_boot().
Aborting…
→ overlayfs umount: [/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/bootfs]

Generating a stable-iso with ‘buildiso -f -p gnome -b stable’ works fine.
I also tried a freshly downloaded iso-profiles folder with the same result, so i don’t think my settings are the problem.
But i had to comment two packages ‘gnome-shell-extension-gnome-ui-tune’ and ‘gnome-shell-extension-vertical-overview’ in the Packages-Desktop file, otherwise i got this error:

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 169,2 KiB 2,47 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
extra 1923,9 KiB 5,69 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
community 6,6 MiB 5,58 MiB/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
multilib 178,2 KiB 8,70 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
error: target not found: gnome-shell-extension-gnome-ui-tune
error: target not found: gnome-shell-extension-vertical-overview
:: There are 2 providers available for gtk3-print-backends:
:: Repository extra
1 gtk3
:: Repository community
2 gtk3-typeahead
Enter a number (default=1):
==> ERROR: Failed to install packages to new root
==> ERROR: Failed to install all packages
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in make_image_desktop().
Aborting…
→ overlayfs umount: [/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/desktopfs]

But without these two packages i can successfully generate an iso with stable branch. I only get stuck with testing.

Can someone help?

Best regards,
Froelich

I have amd-ucode installed and it does not contain that file. It does however contain usr/share/licenses/amd-ucode/LICENSE.amd-ucode so that failing cp command would need to be adjusted accordingly.

Hi freggel.doe,

thanks for your help!
I don’t know how to adjust the cp command, so i tried to create the path /var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/bootfs/usr/share/licenses/amd-ucode/ and copied the file LICENSE from usr/share/licenses/amd-ucode/ there.
But when I execute buildiso -f -p gnome -b testing, the same error message appears after a short time and the previously created path and the LICENSE file is deleted again.
So how exactly can I fix the cp command?
I never had to adjust anything before and i am also wondering that it works with stable without any problems…

Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Same, exact same error. Trying to make a 5.12 kernel enabled installation media to be able to install Manjaro on a 6700 XT but no success yet >_>

It seems that since an update even stable iso’s can’t be generated anymore. Same error as before when trying to generate testing…

It also doesn’t work with KDE, Xfce & gnome-next

EDIT: Today there was another big update. Everything went well so far, even the new gnome-shell 40 works very well. But buildiso does not work at all now:

buildiso -f -p xfce -b stable
[sudo] password for user:
/usr/lib/manjaro-tools/util-iso.sh: line 201: syntax error near unexpected token <<<' /usr/lib/manjaro-tools/util-iso.sh: line 201: <<<<<<< HEAD’
/usr/bin/buildiso: line 203: check_requirements: command not found
/usr/lib/manjaro-tools/util.sh: line 804: build: command not found
==> ERROR: An unknown error has occurred. Exiting…
zsh: user-defined signal 1 buildiso -f -p xfce -b stable

It makes no difference which branch, desktop environment or iso profiles i use

Same here. What fixed it for me for now is to use the git packages for manjaro-tools. They can be found in Manjaro Extra repository.

Having same issue, using git packages did not help.

Does manjaro-tools-iso-0.15.12-6 fix it?

Thank you guys for helping! Well yes, manjaro-tools-iso-0.15.12-6 fixed the bug from version 0.15.12-5 where nothing worked at all. But i still have the problem that started i think with version 0.15.12-4: It stops the process after a view minutes with this error message:

cp: cannot stat ‘/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/bootfs/usr/share/licenses/amd-ucode/LICENSE’: No such file or directory
Aborting…
→ overlayfs umount: [/var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/bootfs]

First i had the problem only with testing ISOs, stable ran through. But now it makes no difference which branch or desktop environment i try to generearte…

After updating to 0.15.12.6, the script started working but half way through is gave an error about AMD license… so I deleted the buildiso directory and am starting over… will report the outcome.

This is the error I get now, never had this before;

-> Running build hook: [keymap]
==> Generating module dependencies
==> Creating xz-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs.img
==> Image generation successful
cp: cannot stat '/home/delinuxco/dlc_builds/buildiso/cinnamon/x86_64/bootfs/usr/share/licenses/amd-ucode/LICENSE': No such file or directory
    Aborting...
 --> overlayfs umount: [/home/delinuxco/dlc_builds/buildiso/cinnamon/x86_64/bootfs]

I went through the whole chapter ’ Cleaning your hard drive’ on Manjaro’s buildiso-Wikipage and downloaded the latest iso-profiles, doesn’t change anything…

But i tried to remove manjaro-tools-iso and replace it with manjaro-tools-iso-git, as as suggested by @Tio
It just creates SquashFS image, nor errors yet…

EDIT: It worked!!! Successfully generated an gnome-stable iso! Thanks for the solution @Tio
But can someone give me a brief explanation or some helpful links? I’m not that into to understand what just happend…

Switching to manjaro-tools-iso-git worked. Built ISO with no errors.

So basically, currently one needs to use all manjaro-tools from git and manjaro-tools-iso-0.15.12-6

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.