Error trying to install manjaro KDE

I am setting up my KDE with btrfs and a separate partition for /home

When I get through the setup and try to install, I get this error message:

Command '['btrfs', 'subvolume', 'create', '/tmp/calamares-root-y3_umw1l/@']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
None

Traceback:
File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/mount/main.py", line 251, in run
    mount_partition(root_mount_point, partition, partitions)

File "/usr/lib/calamares/modules/mount/main.py", line 197, in mount_partition
subprocess.check_call(["btrfs", "subvolume", "create",

File "/usr/lib/python3.10/subprocess.py", line 369, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)

sorry for the html

Does it do the same with default installation scheme without any manual customization (I assume it is how it works, never tried BTRFS installation)? If it works then maybe you’re doing something wrong in your custom installation, so give every detail possible about your customization during installation.

It doesn’t do this in the default installation.

I’m going to try two things this time, since it seems to be choking on a subvolume creation (the @ stuff for btrfs):

Format the root partition to wipe out any existing @ partition and
Format the /home partition as ext4, in case there is a problem with @home on the root partition during creation.

This may be the most important you skipped to answer. If something fails then it is probably what you’re doing, so explain exactly what you’re doing that fails if you want someone to be bale to help understand the problem.

Don’t really understand what you are saying in the last post, omano, but the steps I took did fix the problem.

I posted the original because I thought some with installer experience would have known what the problem was immediately.

My steps I addressed above did get me through the problem I was having. I also refreshed the devices in K Partition Manager before I hit the button to do the actual install.

1. Use btrfs on the root only if /home will be in a different partition.
  2. Use ext4 for the home partition
  3. Refresh devices in K Partition Manager

One or more of the above alleviated the choke I was experiencing

OK if it’s fine for you then no problem. I thought it was preferable to have it work or at least understand why it wouldn’t work, the way you wanted initially set it up.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.