Error running pamac update: invalid or corrupted database

I’m newish to the Manjaro/Arch ecosystem and trying to understand the problem(s) reported when trying to update AUR packages.

$ pamac update                                              
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing core.db...                                                                 
Refreshing extra.db...                                                                
Refreshing community.db...                                                            
Refreshing multilib.db...                                                             
Error: multilib.db: GPGME error: No data                                              
invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature)
Failed to synchronize databases
Refreshing AUR...                                                                     
Cloning logseq-desktop build files...                                                 
Generating logseq-desktop information...
Checking logseq-desktop dependencies...
Error: Failed to prepare transaction: invalid or corrupted database

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N]

I tried following the steps in this post to resolve these errors, but the problem persists.

Maybe:

2 Likes

Thanks, this was super helpful in diagnosing. For pamac these sigs and db were in /var/tmp/pamac (not /var/cache/pacman). Sure enough one of the sigs was an HTML error from my home Netgear router which had currupted DNS settings the other day.

This worked:

$ rm -rf  /var/tmp/pamac/dbs/sync/*
$ pamac update
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.