Error: no se pudo preparar la operación (no se pudieron satisfacer las dependencias)

Hello. My pc is on unstable branch for a long time. Manjaro kde

I havent updated my pc since time ago and today that I try to “pacman -Syu” ot says this:

]$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Sincronizando las bases de datos de los paquetes...
 core está actualizado
 extra está actualizado
 community está actualizado
 multilib está actualizado
:: Iniciando actualización completa del sistema...
resolviendo dependencias...
buscando conflictos entre paquetes...
error: no se pudo preparar la operación (no se pudieron satisfacer las dependencias)
:: instalando nvidia-utils (515.65.01-1) se rompe la dependencia con «nvidia-utils=515.57», necesaria para el paquete linux517-nvidia

So is there some way I can fix this?

You have unsupported kernel installed so you have issues now. You need to remove the kernel 5.17, then you update the system.

1 Like

thanks. I wonder what would have happenedif 5.17 were the only kernel I had instaled but I also had a lts around so I switched to it and I could delete 5.17

I guess you could force uninstalling Nvidia then, update the system, install new kernel, reboot to remove the old inexistent kernel, and reinstall Nvidia, in such case. But simplest solution is to remove the inexistent package and proceed normally.

PS: the issue was explained in this line :: instalando nvidia-utils (515.65.01-1) se rompe la dependencia con «nvidia-utils=515.57», necesaria para el paquete linux517-nvidia for reference, so you can understand the terminal output. Also, it is better to share terminal output as English, you can add LANG=C before a command to switch to English.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.