Error in RStudio installation

Guys, I am trying to install rstudio-desktop from the AUR on my kde plasma, but it always stops and gives the following error:

[ 63%] Building CXX object src/cpp/session/CMakeFiles/rsession.dir/SessionModuleContext.cpp.o
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:15939: Warning: end of file not at end of a line; newline inserted
c++: fatal error: Killed signal terminated program cc1plus
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [src/cpp/session/CMakeFiles/rsession.dir/build.make:230: src/cpp/session/CMakeFiles/rsession.dir/SessionConsoleProcessSocket.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Deleting file 'src/cpp/session/CMakeFiles/rsession.dir/SessionConsoleProcessSocket.cpp.o'
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/home/myname/.cache/paru/clone/rstudio-desktop/src/rstudio-2022.02.2-485/src/cpp/session/SessionMain.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char* const*)’:
/home/myname/.cache/paru/clone/rstudio-desktop/src/rstudio-2022.02.2-485/src/cpp/session/SessionMain.cpp:1876:31: warning: loop variable ‘envvar’ of type ‘const string&’ {aka ‘const std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>&’} binds to a temporary constructed from type ‘const char* const’ [-Wrange-loop-construct]
 1876 |       for (const std::string& envvar : {"HOME", "R_USER"})
      |                               ^~~~~~
/home/myname/.cache/paru/clone/rstudio-desktop/src/rstudio-2022.02.2-485/src/cpp/session/SessionMain.cpp:1876:31: note: use non-reference type ‘const string’ {aka ‘const std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>’} to make the copy explicit or ‘const char* const&’ to prevent copying
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/myname/.cache/paru/clone/rstudio-desktop/src/build'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:703: src/cpp/session/CMakeFiles/rsession.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/myname/.cache/paru/clone/rstudio-desktop/src/build'
make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/myname/.cache/paru/clone/rstudio-desktop/src/build'
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...
error: failed to build 'rstudio-desktop-2022.02.2+485-2': 
error: packages failed to build: rstudio-desktop-2022.02.2+485-2

How can I install it properly?

1 Like

An alternative would be the rstudio-desktop-bin package. It doesn’t need to be compiled. If RStudio doesn’t start check the last comment on the AUR page about the current sandbox problem.

1 Like

Thank you, I had given up rstudio-desktop-bin because of this problem, but now it works flawlessly.

:wink:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.