Error! GRUB invalid arch-independent

hi, right now I want to try GNOME edition . and I used to make bootable usb using Etcher, after XFCE and KDE went well . but this time it does not work, there is a grub problem that says, “Invalid arch-independent elf magic” with a grub rescue below . can you guys help me ? thank you :slight_smile:

x86_64 or i686?

1 Like

it’s the first one

Do you use the GRUB from another distro that is based on debian ?

1 Like

i did, before trying several edition of manjaro i used linux mint (dual booting with windows 10) .

Ok, there might be something to it. The best way is to boot from the Manjaro install media, and “repair” Grub following this:

1 Like

okay, i’ll check this one out . thanks for now, i’ll be right back for the result :slight_smile:

hey i’m back again, i couldn’t get into grub or first boot menu (to press ‘c’) cause i stucked from the first time and get into the grub rescue mode . can’t even use “echo” command (it says unknown command) . how can i through this ?

What iso file did you download? Full name, please and as c00ter asked, is it i686 or x86_64.
And what were the architecture (i686 or x86_64) of your XFCE and KDE.
Are they the same?
It is likely that your gnome is not the right architecture.

You did not reply c00ter. We cannot help further.

2 Likes

Oh, he replied. I had hoped it might promote a bit of user-research but apparently not. A quick Google of the error message, and the overwhelming results, are what caused me to ask.

@OP, you got chocolate in yer peanut butter. So to speak.

regards

3 Likes

i already replied the question . ok, all edition are x86_64 . and that is why i feel confused .
so i try to re-download the GNOME iso . and that is solved my problem . it looks like the file is corrupted :slight_smile:

thank you for your respond guys, i do really appreciate it . i think im gonna end this thread . but i just dont know how to close it :smile:

2 Likes

Done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.