Error: GPGME error no data Failed to synchronize all databases( unexpected error )

Whenever I try to update or install anything I get this error.
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 170.9 KiB 228 KiB/s 00:01 [####################################################] 100%
extra 1900.2 KiB 185 KiB/s 00:10 [####################################################] 100%
community 6.8 MiB 293 KiB/s 00:24 [####################################################] 100%
multilib is up to date
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unexpected error)

As for the solutions, I have diligently googled and performed almost everything possible, resyncing and refreshing keys(as stated in the official wiki for pacman troubles ), I’ve lowered the siglevel and reinstalled the keyrings for manjaro and arch( stated in a forum post ), I have changed mirrors, allowed all mirrors. I’ve done every solution I could find on the web.
I understand that it isn’t a major problem and also have seen that each time I refresh keys 2 keys are being disabled, this is probably hampering the syncing of multilib.db( I have found out from pamac logs that the process is getting stuck at multilib.db sync ) and thus I’m not able to install or update anything. I’m not bothered with the errors if I can just safely sync to the databases and install. Any help would be very helpful as I’m completely stuck.

So this didnt work either

sudo pacman -Scc

(attempt resync/update after – sudo pacman -Syyu)
?
What about network? Have you tried a different AP, or DNS ?

As for the first part yes I’ve tried and they didn’t work. About the network change, I have tried it both over wifi and cellular internet network( both from different companies/service providers ) so I think that base is also checked.

Well, we have a search function

And I have used that extensively. That is actually the point I made in the question, the error is very common but the solutions have not been working at all. The last option that I hadn’t opted for was the deletion of the sync folder and changing siglevel which was extreme from the point of view of the poster too, I’ve tried it now and it works( for now ). Someone said that it created problems with AUR which I’ll have to check later.
Thanks for the help…

I am also experiencing this problem. Here are the things I have tried to no avail:

Eliminating all existing sig files in /var/lib/pacman/sync

creating a new pacman-mirrors list with ‘sudo pacman-mirrors --continent’

testing the contents of /var/lib/pacman/sync/*.db (they were all gzipped files, not text files)

generating a completely new pacman mirrors list with pacman-mirrors -c all

removing all of /var/lib/pacman/sync/* and /etc/pacman.d/gnupg

eliminating the pacman cache with pacman -Scc

initializing the pacman keyring with pacman-key --init populate

populating the pacman keyring with pacman-key --populate manjaro archlinux

refreshing the pacman keyring with pacman-key --refresh
(also trying pacman-key --refresh-keys)

Now I’m posting to get some help from the Manjaro community this appeared to work yesterday and the only thing I tried to do before it started acting up in this way was try to find a package for syncthing in the AUR. It appears syncthing is in the Arch package repository (in community) but not in the Manjaro repositories.

Here is the current output of pacman -Syu:

[perkinsms@oberon sync]$ sudo pacman -Syu
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                               170.3 KiB   911 KiB/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
 extra                             1900.2 KiB  7.93 MiB/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
 community                            6.8 MiB  13.3 MiB/s 00:01 [##################################] 100%
 multilib                           175.2 KiB  2.14 MiB/s 00:00 [##################################] 100%
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: GPGME error: No data
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

Edit - I followed the directions to change signed database from Required DatabaseOptional to Required DatabaseNever

root-tip-mitigate-and-prevent-gpgme-error-when-syncing-your-system/84700

Solved for me.