Error: failed retrieving file: The requested URL returned error: 404

Just done a fresh install of manjaro gnome and switched to testing branch with

sudo pacman-mirrors --api --set-branch testing

Now I can’t install anything from the AUR , I get a 404 error from all the mirrors when trying to download fakeroot
Download of fakeroot (1.34-1) started
0 bytes/78.3 kB
Error: failed retrieving file ‘fakeroot-1.34-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst’ from ask4.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file ‘fakeroot-1.34-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst’ from manjaro.kurdy.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file ‘fakeroot-1.34-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst’ from manjaro.mirrors.lavatech.top : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file ‘fakeroot-1.34-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst’ from mirrors.cicku.me : The requested URL returned error: 404

Am I doing something really stupid

refreshed the list of mirrors which provide the changed content?

The issue is with out of date mirrors, I’ve edited your topic title to reflect the actual issue. You’ve been around long enough, c’mon.

I’ve been around long enough but am still absolutely rubbish , I ran

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syu

but will try again, for some reason it only installed 1 update when I first ran it which I knew must have been wrong. I even tried updating mirrors with the pamac gui and still had the same issue
Its working now, maybe a glitch in the matrix

You know yourself better that that. Negative self-talk is not appropriate in the support forum setting.

How do you feel you handled that situation?

Not as well as you could have.

Repeat after me: Goosfraba. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m still getting 404 errors on some packages

Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Cloning circle-flags build files...
Generating circle-flags information...
Cloning hypnotix build files...
Generating hypnotix information...
Download of yt-dlp (2024.05.27-1) started
Download of python-pytest (1:8.2.1-1) started
Download of python-typing_extensions (4.12.0-1) started
Download of python-importlib-metadata (5.1.0-2) started
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-typing_extensions-4.12.0-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.cicku.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-importlib-metadata-5.1.0-2-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.cicku.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-pytest-1:8.2.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.cicku.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-typing_extensions-4.12.0-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.easyname.at : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-importlib-metadata-5.1.0-2-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.easyname.at : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-pytest-1:8.2.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.easyname.at : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-importlib-metadata-5.1.0-2-any.pkg.tar.zst' from southfront.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-typing_extensions-4.12.0-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from southfront.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-pytest-1:8.2.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from southfront.mm.fcix.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-importlib-metadata-5.1.0-2-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.ufam.edu.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-typing_extensions-4.12.0-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.ufam.edu.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-pytest-1:8.2.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.ufam.edu.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
Download of yt-dlp (2024.05.27-1) finished
Download of python-jaraco.functools (4.0.1-1) started
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-importlib-metadata-5.1.0-2-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.sjtug.sjtu.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-typing_extensions-4.12.0-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.sjtug.sjtu.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
Error: failed retrieving file 'python-pytest-1:8.2.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.sjtug.sjtu.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
Download of python-jaraco.functools (4.0.1-1) finished
failed to retrieve some files
Failed to commit transaction

…well, then the topic is not actually solved, is it?

I thought it was but something strange is happening and its above my head

Forget AUR packages and don’t use pamac for the moment.

You already should have updated mirrors now, so…

sudo pacman -Syu

…worry about AUR package updates later.

Most aur packages install fine it seems to when something is needed from the extra repos i get a 404 error

already run a full system update and rebooted

And then? Did it succeed? From what you posted above, it doesn’t appear to have due to not connecting to mirrors. Maybe there’s an issue with your internet connectivity? DNS outage in your area?

EDIT: Maybe you’re not the only one? :thinking:

It’s trying to download the versions from stable. So it seems your local database is out-of-date.

sudo pacman -Syyu

https://packages.manjaro.org/?query=python-pytest

A 404 (file not found) error, means the requested filename wasn’t found. The filename contains the version, so barring some mishap with the database, or missing packages on the mirror, it’s always an out-of-date local database, or an out-of-sync mirror.

EDIT:

I think it would be this for pamac:

pamac upgrade --force-refresh
2 Likes

Thanks

pamac upgrade --force-refresh

fixed it. I kinda figured it was a a database issue as it was only the extra repo that seemed to be giving errors

My brain was fried and had to step away, I’d just had the blue screen of death from windows and needed to do a fresh install of windows that kicked my backside, then a fresh install of Manjaro was doing the same. Laptop was nearly out of the window

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.