Error (EE) No screens found

First time manjaro user here. Updated my kernel from 5.10 to 5.13 and after restarting it, a black screen appears with a blinking cursor. I tried booting with kernel 5.10 then but the problem persists. On searching the forum, I found that most people had issues with their Nvidia drivers. But I have a amd laptop, so their solution don’t work for me.

Hello @Ricksy :wink:

So, start with posting the log: /var/log/Xorg.0.log

You can upload all of them with this command:

for x in /var/log/Xorg*; do echo -e "---$x---\n\n $(cat $x)\n"; done | curl -F'file=@-' https://0x0.st

A short URL will appear. Please post that one.

A prompt comes up saying it won’t allow me post links here :thinking:
Also, hello megavolt

Oh wait
It’s /-J2a.txt

Here is the root cause:

[     6.582] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[     6.582] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
[     6.582] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[     6.582] 	compiled for 1.20.9, module version = 2.5.0
[     6.582] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[     6.582] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.1
[     6.582] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa

I have mentioned it so often… OMG… sorry, but VESA will be always loaded first and it has NO GRAPHICAL OUTPUT, only basic video output. Remove it again:

sudo mhwd --remove pci video-vesa
sudo mhwd --install pci video-linux

vesa is an Xorg driver for generic VESA video cards. It can drive most VESA-compatible video cards, but only makes use of the basic standard VESA core that is common to these cards. The driver supports depths 8, 15 16 and 24.

vesa(4): Generic VESA video driver - Linux man page

https://forum.manjaro.org/search?q=@megavolt%20remove%20video-vesa

Damn it works
Thank you so much

1 Like

Could I possibly trouble you again? I have dual booted windows and manjaro. Grub won’t show windows for some reason. On executing sudo echo GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false >> /etc/default/grub command it shows permission denied. Same with nano.

Please start a new topic, since it is unrelated to this one. Just mention me there with @megavolt if you want to ask me, so that I get a notification.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.