Error 404 with pacman GNOME

hi everyone, i haven’t been able to install Gnome correctly
I hope someone can help me,

I followed the official guide on install Desktop Environment - Manjaro

when I run on the terminal:
sudo pacman -S gnome
and confirm to install all the packages I get a list of:

... error: Unable to download package 'libsynctex-2020.54586-9-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from manjaro.mirrors.theom.nz: The requested URL returned error: 404 error: Unable to download package 'libsynctex-2020.54586-9-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.futureweb.be: The requested URL returned error: 404 error: unable to download package 'libsynctex-2020.54586-9-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from manjaro.c3sl.ufpr.br: Resolving timed out after 10000 milliseconds error: Unable to download package 'libsynctex-2020.54586-9-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.truenetwork.ru: The requested URL returned error: 404 error: Unable to download package 'libsynctex-2020.54586-9-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from manjaro.telecoms.bg: The requested URL returned error: 404 ^ Error: Unable to download package 'libsynctex-2020.54586-9-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from ftp.tsukuba.wide.ad.jp: The requested URL returned error: 404` ...

i am not very experienced in the linux world and i was wondering if i have some problem with the installation or i need to configure the Gnome repositories in some way

thanks for any help :slight_smile:

You should first set a list of mirrors, where the packages can be downloaded:

pacman-mirrors -f5
pacman -Syyu gnome

both commands as “root” or “sudo …”

On which Desktop Environment are you initially?

I agree with @Keruskerfuerst.

A system can get a “not found” when the sync db is not in sync with the mirror, so a request is being made for a package version that no longer exists.

Is this a new Manjaro Gnome install? It’s kind of unusual to just install “Gnome”. Did you download the GNOME ISO?

From what I’m guessing, he tries to install Gnome on top of his existing environment (if not, why install Gnome on Gnome? :man_shrugging:t3:)

His profile mentions KDE… Not an experiment I would try, but eh, who am I to judge?

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.7-3-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620

this is my system thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

yes, you’re right, I thought it was easier and more immediate to change the desktop environment

thanks i managed to download it from the mirrors as suggested, now i just have to figure out how to install it :thinking: