End Kernel Panic -- Help not even live usb working

I finally decided to upgrade my setup and build a killer home lab, and now no install of linux works.

parts

amd ryzen 7700xMSI B650-P PROG.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB 2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000Crucial P5 Plus 2TB
Toshiba n300 10TB
Corsair RM850
I tried Mint aswell got the same error for live usb. can anyone help?
I cant get the live usb to boot. i get to the options screen for which version ( which drivers) and both end in End Kernel Panic. Not syncing no working init found try passing init option to terminal. Ive tried different usbs, different usb ports, different computers for creating the live usb, reseating ram, secure boot is disabled. I used rufus on a windows pc, etcher on my macbook, and linux mint built in create bootable usb, none have worked

I was able to transfer an ssd with proxmox already installed, except ip a shows no carrier so i guess the ethernet port doesn’t work.

UPDATE: I dont know how, I dont know why, I have managed to install Ubuntu on the nvme after deleting the proxmox partions from a usb live boot that somehow started working. the ethernet port still is not working but I have an os.

and now you want us to hug our crystal ball ?
how can we know what error occured on your computer if you don’t tell us WHAT error and messages happened ?
sorry but your post is total stupid nonsense unless you describe exactly what you are suffering !

Please see:

A punch in the dark - no guarantees - as your topic lacks - just about everything …

1. Live USB
  2. chroot
  3. Install latest mainline kernel 6.5

I cant get the live usb to boot. i get to the options screen for which version ( which drivers) and both end in End Kernel Panic. Not syncing no working init found try passing init option to terminal. Ive tried different usbs, different usb ports, different computers for creating the live usb, reseating ram.

OK I’m going to take a page from linux-aarhus and make a few guesses. You have either Windows or osX. You attempted to create a live USB key of the distro you wanted, when that didn’t work you attempted to try creating others. Now that said let us know what program you use to create your live environment and please find a program for whichever OS you’re running to list your your system information and allows you to copy it and post it.

i run linux mint on my personal rig. Its not a OS issue, I created a bootable drive from a windows pc using rufus same error, same with etcher on my macbook, mint has a built in create bootable usb so i used that.

1. Did you check the SHA checksums of the ISOs before putting them on a USB stick?

2. Is the USB stick still in working order? They do wear over time due to write amplification.

3. Are Secure Boot and Fast Boot disabled in the UEFI setup utility?

4. An easy way to put ISO files on a USB stick is Ventoy. :arrow_down:

1 Like

Manjaro releases come with latest LTS 6.1 which may not work with the latest in hardware.

If you are certain it is not an issue with your USB stick - perhaps you need an iso with the latest stable kernel ATM 6.4.

I have a recent - July 5. 2023 - ISO on https://nix.dk - you can use it to verify if kernel 6.4 is needed to boot the system.

1 Like

Out of curiosity what kernel is you Mint on? I have to agree with linux-aarhus 6.1 might not support your hardware, so I’d try the ISO they posted with the 6.4 kernel.