Enable caja colored files option

I have persistence (i don’t now if translated correctly by google) with mate environment.
No one is perfect !
So i try to install caja folder’s color on manjaro .
At Ubuntu is installed and i try find deference’s between two distros and where is (on ubuntu )the file who activates color change.
I know maybe is not possible or may damage my system or … but i try it.
Any suggestions are welcome!

Hi!
you need to install folder-color-switcher from AUR. Go to pamac/preferences and enable AUR repos, then install the helper sudo pacman -Syu yay and install the package yay -S folder-color-switcher

Is so easy? i start looking whereis locate caja color
Now in on ubuntu start set up and install all apps i need.
when turn on manjaro i search that you post.
enable AUR repos = ON
yayis installed .
Thank you but disappointing a bit ( for stop my research).
Anyway i find something alse to deal with!!

Hi!
The use of whereis o locate is when you have the package installed, if you don’t know, you can run sudo pacman -Ss package or yay -Ss package to search that package, also it’ll tell you if you have it installed.
A little experiment, run yay -Ss caja, you’ll see all packages related to caja and witch ones you have installed. Then try the same but with sudo pacman -Ss caja

Have fun!!!

From yay any file related with color caja even nemo nautilus is installed !!!
yay -Ss caja don’t show any new app that is NOT installed already.!
sudo pacman -Ss caja too.
So my journey just start !
My thoughts are to discover all caja color … on ubuntu and compare with files on manjaro and add that i (hope) missing !
Thank you for your help.

Hi!
Sometimes would be some differences, sometimes is just the same package that use ubuntu but compile from the source

Finally i can change folder color but only using nautilus.
Also the changed colored folder are visible with Nemo and Nautilus.
Install from AUR

folder-color-nautilus-git

and depends too

To install folder-color-switcher on Manjaro simply run:

sudo pamac install folder-color-switcher python-caja

as it is available in the manjaro community package archive.
However it only works with Mint icons right now. There seems to be an issue with other icon themes.

The python extension is located in /usr/share/caja-python/extensions.

If you want to hack on the extension a bit on this script simply clone this repo:

and edit the caja-folder-color-switcher.py in folder-color-switcher/usr/share/caja-python/extensions/

Run

git clone https://github.com/linuxmint/folder-color-switcher.git
cd folder-color-switcher
make
sudo cp -r usr/ /

But be careful with this because you have to remove the installed files manually this way.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: