Emby - purge/delete library - dashboard paths not correct

Good morning all, looking for some Emby users out there that can help me. All I want to do is completely reset the library. I’ve got this kind of stuff down pat on Kodi so I can’t believe I am having to ask for help on this, but it has me scratching my head. I already have posted this over at the Emby community forums and the developer doesn’t seem to understand my question or doesn’t believe me.

In my ignorance of how emby works, I left some options of online scraping available. I prefer to use only nfo files that I set up. Luckily, I had set the option for it not to edit existing nfo files otherwise I would have been livid!

I know I can just purge uninstall and then reinstall emby, but that seems a bit excessive and I would rather just figure it out. I posted the output of ls and the logs here:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/103804-manjaro-purgedelete-library-dashboard-paths-not-correct/#comment-1093250

Anyone have experience with this?

It took me a little while to find it, but it looks like the true file path on Manjaro for everything is

/var/lib/private/emby/

I am not that good with the konsole/terminal so I used a root file manager (Dolphin) to poke around. I don’t quite understand why everything is so obfuscated though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.