Embrige not working in Manjaro

https[colon][slash slash]embridge[dot]emudhra[dot]com
Hi all !! I installed embridge software from AUR repo but it is not starting service.
On Manjaro Stable - KDE . ext4 partition. UEFI install. Would like some advise regarding this

Hello,

Manjaro is not usually offering support for commercial software, especially outside the repositories. Please check with their support team, or check the troubleshot PDF files they are providing for Ubuntu and Redhat under the install section when accessing their page https://embridge.emudhra.com/

Did you start it? From that troubleshooting PDF manual:

Not actually needed to use sudo, due to polkit, but you can enable the service by:

systemctl enable emBridge.service

Then check your proxy settings …

Installing custom packagtes using AUR buildscripts is possible but unsupported.

systemd is not finding emBridge service

Yes, saw the AUR forum and came to know about it. I will be careful henceforth.

From what I see in the embridge installation manual pdf, it is supported for Ubuntu 14.04 16.04 18.04, Debian 7 till 9, RedHat Enterprise Linux 6, Fedora 27, Opensuse42.3+. So I gather from this, that it will not work in Manjaro.

Nonsense. Someone did an AUR package especially for that, to work on Arch based distributions. You just have to check the files is installing and where. From my quick look at it, all is installed in /opt/eMudhra/emBridge and the binary is in /usr/bin/embridge

If in doubt, you can always ask questions on the AUR page, and the maintainer/packager will clarify things for you AUR (en) - embridge-bin

I have submitted a “deletion” request" to the maintainer of this package with my queries. Maintainer name - Amish

That is not what a deletion request is for and will be rejected by an Arch TU. You should have added a comment on the AUR page instead–without mentioning Manjaro.

Request removed from AUR page and Comment added. First time using Arch and Arch based distro :slightly_smiling_face:

Posted in AUR Page for embridge-bin
cannot start /usr/bin/embridge… Had to enter directory /opt/eMudra/embridge/App/Resources/Source and make all sh files executable with chmod755 command. executing sh start.sh restarts the service and creates the emBridge.service file( which again had to be made executable with chmod 755 command.After that when I click emb.html file it shows status as installed and active but unable to fetch updates. But systemctl command shows emBridge.service as loaded but failed. Please guide.

tshering commented on 2022-06-09 19:46 (IST) Edit comment

sudo sh embridge.sh [sudo] password for tshering: sh: embridge.sh: No such file or directory tshering@AsRock:/usr/bin$ sudo start embridge sudo: start: command not found tshering@AsRock:/usr/bin$ sudo ./embridge Process terminated. Couldn’t find a valid ICU package installed on the system. Set the configuration flag System.Globalization.Invariant to true if you want to run with no globalization support. at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String) at System.Globalization.GlobalizationMode.GetGlobalizationInvariantMode() at System.Globalization.GlobalizationMode…cctor() at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetDisplayName(TimeZoneDisplayNameType, System.String ByRef) at System.TimeZoneInfo…ctor(Byte[], System.String, Boolean) at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetTimeZoneFromTzData(Byte[], System.String) at System.TimeZoneInfo.GetLocalTimeZoneFromTzFile() at System.TimeZoneInfo+CachedData.CreateLocal() at System.DateTime.get_Now() at A.H.A(System.String) at emBridge.Program.Main(System.String[]) ./embridge: line 7: 31791 Aborted (core dumped) /opt/eMudhra/emBridge/emBridge

Please help. Also installed dotnetcore-runtime from repos as well as Oracle java jre from repos. jre-17(lts) set as default using archlinux-java commmand.

amish commented on 2022-06-08 11:51 (IST) (edited on 2022-06-08 11:52 (IST) by amish)

@tshering There is no embridge.service. Simply start /usr/bin/embridge OR create your own service file as necessary.

If you think any dependency is missing then let me know.

tshering commented on 2022-06-07 20:51 (IST) Edit comment

systemctl unable to find embridge.service and hence embridge not starting. Also please guide on extra dependencies if required other than the ones mentioned beforehand.

tshering commented on 2022-06-11 20:40 (IST) Edit comment

Ok. uninstalled the previous version from opt/eMudra/emBridge. Updated embridge-bin from AUR and ran the app from usr/bin/embridge which recreated the necessary files in opt/eMudra/emBridge. Was forced to do sudo sh start.sh from /opt/eMudhra/emBridge/App/Resources/Source ( otherwise throwing errors) and then emBridge restarted.
Opening the emb.html file with Firefox shows that emBridge is running and active and updated. Now systemctl start emBridge.service shows systemd emBridge.service loaded and active [ first is sudo sh start.sh( in Source folder) which creates the emBridge.service file. Then sudo sytemctl enable emBridge.service and finally sudo systemctl start emBridge.service ].
But the emBridge icon present in /opt/eMudhra/emBridge/App is not there in the Desktop entry ( showing some errors regarding KDE ← If KDE developers could also look into this - it would be of much help.). Now only need to test it out with a DSC. I think dotnet.core and oracle-java in repositories should also be added as dependencies for the embridge-bin build.
Many many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.