EasyABC stopped working

There is also python-pyparsing in the normal repository. It is a module for Python 3.

Then I guess they must be talking about some other distribution or repositories …

The package named above - python-pyparsing in the repos is python3, as python is also python 3, as it is the current version so it isnt named. Unlike python2-pyparsing.

Please stop creating duplicate threads for the same issue.

the name of the program you want is:
python-pyparsing
not
python3-pyparsing

sudo pacman -S python-wxpython
sudo pacman -S python-pyparsing
sudo pacman -S python-pygame
sudo pacman -S gendesk

and then pamac should work to build the rest - which are all AUR packages
or download the PKGBUILD and use makepkg -i
which is what I used just a few seconds ago
The program builds and installs and runs …

Make sure you update your system first:
sudo pacman -Syu

A different topic entirely, surely?
One was about EasyABC, the new one was about Python.

It was essentially about easyabc as you said yourself in the moved post.
Why waste your time expressing to be offended when his action has prompted me to read and try for myself and tell you how to basically solve your problem?

I did not intend to express being offended at all - just tried to explain why I had posted the Python question elsewhere. Although arising from my easyabc problem it seemed to me to be a different topic which could apply more generally.
But hey, I’m really grateful for all the suggestions trying to help me, including yours, so sincere thanks to all.
I’ve tried them all and sadly the problem persists, so I am resigned to be without easyabc until its next update, which the maintainer now says should fix things.
Thanks again all.

Then I have misinterpreted what you wrote and I want to apologize.
It was not necessary to even write it.
I’m also sorry that easyabc still will not work for you.
As I said:
I just successfully built and installed it, taking the steps described above.
I installed
python-wxpython python-pyparsing python-pygame and gendesk
individually
to be absolutely sure that those where not coming from the AUR but from the Manjaro repo.
This was probably not necessary.
But that’s how I did it.

A few days ago, that package would fail to build.
Now it does succeed.
Something has changed, either in the Manjaro repo packages or in the AUR.

… it does work …

Cheers!

Well, I’m really interested that you got it working. I followed the steps as carefully as I could, but your success encourages me to have another go.
I have found another abc music package that does a similar job, Qabc, but I prefer easyabc so your experience spurs me to persevere.
Cheers.