Dual System on Thinkpad x1 with win10, Manjaro failed to start Remount Root and Kernel File system

Hi there,
I know this is an old topic, but I still cannot overcome it by using existing post.
My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad carbon X1 6th.
I download the manjaro + kde, allocate the space from built in windows(around 100GB), use usb to install it through the bios.
I follow the guide online to put space for /var. /usr, /root, /boot/efi and /home
It works when I install it, and this morning I did a sudo pacman -Syu, then when I restart machine, the error get trigger. Here is the screenshot, sorry for bad quality.
The image include UUID which has been asked to provide from the other post. Please let me know if you need additional information!

Hi! :slight_smile:
It looks like a crashed install. Have you tried "systemctl default" or reboot?

What? Why?

From your error messages it quite seems like you have partition and label issues ... so why did you do all that manually into separate partitions? do you know what you are doing? do you have a reason ? If not - just take the simple route and let the installer do it for you.
[ ie - just make a big free space and install there, with bootloader in MBR, and using EFI part if there ]

1 Like

Hi thank you for replying me, I haven't try it yet. Should I just type "systemctl default" in the terminal?

Because I am aiming for long term using, and have var to handle server, usr to handle app, /boot/efi is mandatory, root and home to manage all the file in the local will make my life easier. I think I am more concern if I pick the easy install way, I will not be able to change these partitions size in the future.
The easy install I had seen on youtube is simply allocate partition for "/" and "/boot/efi" and thats all. Do you think I should use that?
Thanks!

Look at the error message in your terminal. :thinking:

"systemctl reboot" for reboot , "systemctl default" to boot into default mode

But i think it will not working, so backup all your data and reinstall. Its the fastest way. :rocket:

Thank you christian. Luckily I have nothing on it. So do you suggest install it in a simple way just like cscs said? Shall i only have "/" and "/boot/efi"?

Do you have 'usr' in the HOOKS line of /etc/mkinitcpio.conf?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.