Dual Boot Windows 10 and Manjaro (GRUB NOT SHOWING W10)

So I have 2 SSD’s. One has been setup with Windows 10, and the other with Manjaro. I am trying to get W10 to show up in the GRUB screen when I immediately turn on the computer but I can’t get it to work. Both drives are accessible when I change the boot order in BIOS (when I press F2 before computer loads). I have turned off fast startup in both windows 10 as well as in the bios. I am not sure what else to do. I am new to this stuff so any sort of assistance would be great!

Thanks,
KushP1

Welcome to Manjaro where you are responsible for your own actions.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Forum_Rules#Common_Sense_Introduction

Please use the forum search function - this subject has been answered countless times. You will no doubt find the answer there.

When requiring help:

Please seek a solution yourself by researching in the Manjaro wiki, the Arch Wiki, and by searching the Manjaro Forums and the Arch Forums. (However, please do not post on the Arch forums. Those forums are for Arch-proper support only)
Please provide details of your problem and your system for those from whom you are asking for assistance.
When offering help, be as patient and tactful as possible.

IIRC this may happen when you have one OS installed in UEFI and the other one in DOS-Legacy mode.

1 Like

Check out petsam’s post and if satisfied that both windows and manjaro are uefi/gpt, look here and if need further help, provide the information required as posted in the link.

Hello, how would I go about checking this/fixing it? I am very new to this. If there is a guide that I can follow, that would be wonderful!

Hello,

Did you click on the here in green in gohlip’s reply? did it help?

What is the Manjaro Livecd? Is that the USB that I used to install it?

Yes it is

Maybe I can add something here. I now have Ubuntu installed as well. Only using it as a reference. I noticed that Ubuntu uses efibootmgr in version 15. This works well on my hardware and shows none of the problems with the version 16 Manjaro uses. And this is probably why we have one of this requests every other day and why I choosed the way of the least resistance (bcdedit).

grub> echo $grub_platform

That command resulted in PC which means legacy, how do I change to UEFI?

Not sure what you are doing, I don’t have much experience with grub, outside of a install. Please do a search on the forum or read the grub section in the wiki for further help.

have you got the drive you are using for manjaro formatted gpt this is for uefi install

It (the reason) may not be the versions of efibootmgr but that Ubuntu uses Microsoft keys in its uefi installation that that installs without issue in Microsoft tied in systems, like in Microsoft Surface computers that you have.

@KushP1,
I suggest you read up more - manjaro wiki’s on uefi installation, basic partitioning, uefi and bios-legacy . Then answering your further questions will be easier … for you.

I did not know that. Gonna dig in deeper to that. Where can I find something about that. I am planning to wipe Win10 completely once the issue with the battery status is solved.

So as long as I convert my Manjaro drive from BIOS to UEFI, it should work properly?

Depends…
Is your windows disk gpt and uefi?
What about manjaro’s?
You don’t say.
We can’t tell.

But to start, assuming you’re kind of new to computers, (and some had taken offence with the elementary help we’ve given [1]), what’s ‘sudo parted -l’ (at livecd terminal, any boot, uefi or bios-legacy).

[1] -

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.