Unable to use the word duck in a username

Why on earth is it we can’t create a username with the string duck in it?! I normally use NotADuck or DuckyDev it doesn’t look like it is allowed to use the word duck

Just guessing it may be because ducks are prey and Linux devs dont wanna see servers on the net with bullet magnet user names…? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol, that is the closest I’ve come to an answer so far! But I would really like to get a legit answer from an Admin, because this makes no sense to me, at all!

1 Like

Yeah, string “uck” is banned for some reason. You can have “shit” in your nick tho so it has to be some kind of weird mistake.

1 Like

No idea … seems unintentional.

2 Likes

Year, I even tried to choose a random pre/suffix but duck isn’t allowed at all.

Just accept that Orwellianism is trendy in 21st century.

Somone just felt like banning the word and get high on the power they yield over users.

1 Like

Hey du_de. :laughing:

2 Likes

That seems a bit unfair … I think it is more a simple mistake while attempting to make the forum more friendly.

Yeah, I know, you’re right… but just let me have this little hyperbole. :smiley:

1 Like

hah. fair enough I guess … hey want to hear my stories about school systems that couldnt allow orwell to actually be understood as allegory or critical and thus the suggestion was that 1984 all took place in a psych-ward ?

3 Likes

No, we just want you to fix this. For Du_cky. :smile:

2 Likes

Hah. Sorry, still enough anarchist cred with being able to claim “not admin”.

3 Likes

Should be fixed now

3 Likes

Need to register new nick before Du_cky wakes up…

@DuckyDev hey man, wanna buy an account? :smile:

There is a dozen members with duck as part of the username so you may just have hit a nerve :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re not from the East Midlands in the UK are you? Do people really say 'ay up me duck?' - BBC News

1 Like

No I’m not :wink: I have never heard that phrase

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.