Hey, I’m new on this forum (first post), quite newbie and excuse me about my English
I’ve get exact same situation.
I’ve successfully updated system (pacman output was like ‘success’), then rebooted machine and tried to login… stucked - I can’t get into xsession. On logon screen everything works normal (as before update), but after typing password it hangs. Mouse pointer is movable, but nothing happens (power button works, possible to shutdown, with keyboard keystroke Ctrl+Alt+F_ sessions are switchable).
I’ve been using Manjaro about a year and from time to time, so whenever I start my work, some updates are available.
Few steps I’ve made:
- booted as always to logon screen
- switched to other session (tty5)
- tried update with sudo pacman -Syyuu which gave me ‘nothing to do’
- then added new user to system to check if it isn’t my misconfiguration
- new user also can’t log to xsession
Today that is my 3rd breakdown and this accident formed my opinion about Manjaro - it’s crapware ;(
I’m considering to change distro again (4th change since 2004) but before that I want to learn something about the case. So help me Guys to investigate and track problem as it would be helpful for users.