Downgrade kernel

I would like to downgrade my kernel, if it were possible graphically exactly how the upgrade is done.

I have tried a dozen or so times to enter from advanced options, but the only thing I can do is to enter the system (it happens rarely) accessing the boot from disk etc etc, or most of the time I find myself in the grub rescue, without being able to ask for help or commands because the “terminal” of the grub does not give indications on how to boot an encrypted hard-disk.

Is it possible to change kernels graphically? The kernel I want to use is already installed and is an lts.

Your grub is probably ‘hidden’.
You may augment your boot options to change this … but probably you just need to tap Shift or Esc to make it appear.

1 Like

Yes in fact I have pressed a dozen times esc which is the key that concerns my computer.
The problem is that: Either the grub rescue starts because it’s as if I prevented the encrypted disk from decrypting itself (it doesn’t let me put the password until I turn off the pc manually) or alternatively it enters other options of the system, from which I can see system information, it seems to me bios, and things like that, you already understand which part I’m talking about.
So there are only chances, without pressing esc and the other two pressing it.
The first one: I enter the password and activate the system,
The second: I press esc and the ability to decrypt the system is blocked by having to force the shutdown,
The third: when the moon aligns to orion, and the sun is in a dominant position with respect to the zenith (every 2974,2 years) the other section of the coputer is activated where you can access the bios and stuff like that.
But the grub does not start, or rather the “graphical” grub I remember that in other systems it starts automatically allowing you to choose which kernel to use.
Installing a Kernel here on Manajaro is very easy, especially when downgraded much less.
I hope I was clearer and more detailed.

Agree about convenience. For small things convenience should in the highest priority.
A new kernel sometimes got problems depends on hardware, e.g. unable to wakeup from suspension.
Switching kernel freely is useful so that one can use an old kernel for daily usage and try to fix problems with the new kernel. Edit grub config is not much less convenient.

see this point

Thanks to both of them, however I think it is a little more complex. If I repeatedly press the esc key to enter the grub, without waiting for the message that lasts a microsecond, instead of entering the grub, it locks me to the rescue grub without allowing me to decrypt the system.

Yes it is… And i tried the “esc” way

Well, thanks stephane, now in case I enter in grub rescue I should have the way to access the computer at least

Solution found on the Italian forum, here it is in case you need it.

PS I tried to access the encrypted disk with those commands but it doesn’t work, it says they are non-existent, could you check again if they are written well so in case I use them in the future?

Now I can choose the kernel at every access without problems.

which versions luks are you using ?

I can’t find luks --version
bash: luks: comando non trovato
$ luks
bash: luks: comando non trovato