Dolphin: Devices section missing from left panel

If you only have 1 partition, there is no “device” to show.
So, there is actually nothing wrong with your ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel, unless it was showing something previously?
And having only 1 partition, I am uncertain if you have enough read/write permission (does it need Sudo permission? idk) to add a folder in root partition to Panel.

So I think your Panel is working as intended - there is no device/partition to add.

On a side note

It might be better to separate the /home from your root partition.
ie. Have 4 partitions in your disk.

• ESP partition to host your EFI files.
  • Linuxswap partition
  • / partition for your OS
  • /Home partition for your app settings and personal data.

The benefits of this config is: if any setting (OS relevant) is corrupted, you can easily format and reinstall OS+app, and your data/app settings will remain intact.
(for prevention against data corruption or HDD failure, u will need other approach)

Oh boy: Sorry for wasting everyone’s time then! I didn’t think having only one partition would be hidden on purpose for any reason, was still expecting it to show like a normal drive.

As far as internal drives go I only have one (sda), with the only partitions being root (sda1) and 4GB of SWAP (sda2) no EFI partition either as this laptop is from before the era of EFI / SecureBoot.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.