Dolphin: Can't mount drive?

An error occurred while accessing ‘Data’, the system responded: The requested operation has failed: Error mounting /dev/sdb4 at /run/media/nickj/Data: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb4, missing codepage or helper program, or other error I was just on it in Windows & I have been on it before this in Manjaro. It is NTFS, no prob. before this.

I am willing to bet that you have Windows Fast Startup — or Hybrid Sleep, or whatever it’s called — enabled.

You have to disable that and fully shut down Windows before booting up into GNU/Linux, because otherwise the kernel will regard the filesystem as dirty/damaged and will refuse to mount it.

2 Likes

Are you sure Windows was fully shut down this time (no “fast startup” or whatever it’s called)? … you should also check the disk for errors within Windows.

@Aragorn beat me to it!

2 Likes

I did fully shutdown, I will disable it. Disk had errors, not sure why. I did nothing, anyway MS is sure dragging their feet on that new Resilient FS. NTFS is old, replace it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.