Does the RTL8821AE driver for PCIE wireless card TP-LINK ARCHER T4E exist?

I recently bought the card that i mentioned above and i cant get it working. I searched for drivers for hours and i cant get a working one. Can somebody help me please?

This is the lspci result:
01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 03)

Kernel is 5.10

You need driver for Broadcom card not for Realtek. Drivers are preinstalled:

/usr/lib/firmware/b43
/usr/lib/firmware/b43legacy
/usr/lib/modules/5.10.15-1-MANJARO/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/b43
/usr/lib/modules/5.10.15-1-MANJARO/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/b43legacy
/usr/lib/modules/5.10.15-1-MANJARO/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/b43/b43.ko.xz

Probably you need load proper kernel module:

modprobe b43

And if everything will be ok create /etc/modules-load.d/b43.conf file with content:

b43
1 Like

I did the steps you wrote but still not working.

If I type in inxi -Fxz it says:

Device-2: Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter driver: bcma-pci-bridge v: N/A
port: f000 bus ID: 01:00.0

The driver is bcma-pci-brige. Is that okay?

Yeah, it should be blacklisted. Try now:

modprobe -r bcma
moddprobe b43

If everything will be ok then make it permanent. Create /etc/modules-load.d/b43.conf:

b43
blacklist bcma

If this not work you can also use broadcom-wl driver, you need to install version for your kernel and headers, but there also may be needed to add some modules to blacklist, see wiki for details.

1 Like

I cannot remove the bcma driver because it is in use. How do I kill it and remove it?

lsmod | grep bcma:
bcma 69632 1 b43

Unplug device before modprobe commands or use -f, force flag. You can also try only with file. Or ignore all and try with broadcom-wl drivers. You have many possibilities :wink: