Apple Aluminium ISO-DE keyboard: "Circumflex/Degree" and "Less/Greater Than" seem to have switched places

Hi,
I’m a bit confused now. I’ve tried this multiple times and always get the same result. I installed Manjaro on an old iMac and plugged in the Apple Keyboard With Numeric Keypad (Aluminium) in ISO-DE variation. Consistently, The top left and the lower left key seem to be interchanged.
The keyboard layout is set to “Apple | Apple Aluminium (ISO)”, “German”, “German (Macintosh)” in Manjaro Settings/Keyboard as well as Settings/Keyboard.
I dug around a bit in xkb, installed xev and looked at what happened when I pressed the two keys.

Top left:

KeyPress event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x5200001,
    root 0x460, subw 0x0, time 64903254, (21,-17), root:(892,519),
    state 0x0, keycode 94 (keysym 0x3c, less), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3c) "<"
    XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (3c) "<"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

Lowest Left:

KeyPress event, serial 37, synthetic NO, window 0x5200001,
    root 0x460, subw 0x0, time 67772954, (14,-17), root:(885,519),
    state 0x0, keycode 49 (keysym 0xfe52, dead_circumflex), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (5e) "^"
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: True

I might be wrong, but shouldn’t the top left key code (94) and the lower left key code (49) switch places? I tried this on another PC, an Acer laptop with the same Manjaro setup, although set to a Generic Keyboard Layout (German), and got the same mixup of < and ^.

Is that some weirdness in my system and/or keyboard, and how can I fix this? Or might this be a general issue? Any help and/or explanation would be greatly appreciated.