Docklite-plugin (Docklite taskbar) on XFCE ARM

How to install Docklite-plugin (Docklite taskbar) on XFCE ARM?

I tried with AUR, yay -S xfce4-docklite-plugin-git, but it can´t install to ARM (Raspberry Pi 4)

I followed the steps from github but it didn´t install.
Please, test your suggestion before post it.

You need to add aarch64 to the line with arch= next to the others.

And I’m sure the non-git version would be fine for your usecase.

1 Like

The non-git version doesn’t work too. I already tried. Thatś the reason I asked to test the suggestions before post an answer.

About your suggestion, I don’t know how to do this. Can you put the full command here?
The suggestion was: You need to add aarch64 to the line with arch= next to the others.

Thanks!

If you install with pamac, it would provide you an option to edit the PKGBUILD.

There, add aarch64 to the arch= field, and press ctrl + x to exit the editor, and proceed with the installation.
Alternatively, use the pamac GUI to edit the PKGBUILD.

Thanks for the explained answer. It worked!
I´ll try to explain with more details to people that don´t know what to do, even I´ve understood your explanation.

If you install with pamac/yay, it would provide you an option to edit the PKGBUILD. Choose E option to EDIT.
After change the fields shown below, press ctrl + x to exit the editor, and proceed with the installation.

Change the field: arch=(‘i686’ ‘x86_64’)
to: arch=(‘i686’ ‘x86_64’ ‘aarch64’). Instead everything I could put arch=(‘any’)

• As these packages don’t create dependencies, we don’t need to worry about erase them.

OPTION 1:
sudo pamac build xfce4-docklike-plugin

OPTION 2:
yay --editmenu -S xfce4-docklike-plugin

OPTION 3:
Use the pamac GUI to edit the PKGBUILD.
After change the indicated field, press SAVE. At the next window, press APPLY.

Now the AUR PKGBUILD also has aarch64, users won’t have to manually modify it. https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=xfce4-docklike-plugin&id=c1709d64c639496d3f35671e832e2eb9d4634548

@edersongs If you find this package useful, you can vote for it in AUR, so that it would have higher chance of getting into the official repositories.

@archisman, How can I vote?

How can we put the vala-panel-appmenu-xfce (XFCE Global Menu) to install at aarch64 directly from AUR without need to edit the PKGBUILD as described below?

You can open an account at the AUR webpage and vote for your favorite packages there. If a package becomes popular, then there is more chance that it would make it into the official repositories.

Once you open an AUR account, you can comment at the webpage to request the maintainer to add aarch64 to the PKGBUILD.

Before asking the maintainer, do verify that it works in aarch64, and then tell them that you have verified it works.

1 Like

@archisman, Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.