Qt5ct crash after trying to change the font in Gnome

the police of my qt apps is too small. So I tryed to change the police with qt5ct. But when I clic on the “…“, the program crash. If I launch it with the command line, I can get the error :

Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
Configuration path: "/home/matt/.config/qt5ct"
Shared QSS paths: ("/home/matt/.local/share/qt5ct/qss", "/home/matt/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/qss", "/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/qss", "/usr/local/share/qt5ct/qss", "/usr/share/qt5ct/qss", "/var/lib/snapd/desktop/qt5ct/qss")
Shared color scheme paths: ("/home/matt/.local/share/qt5ct/colors", "/home/matt/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/colors", "/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/colors", "/usr/local/share/qt5ct/colors", "/usr/share/qt5ct/colors", "/var/lib/snapd/desktop/qt5ct/colors")

(process:23106): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 20:35:41.767: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

(process:23106): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 20:35:41.767: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  qt5ct

aren’t assertion supposed to be used only in debug mode ?
I tried to reinstall qt5ct without success.
I you don’t know how to repair qt5ct, but you know how to change it’s configuration manually, it is enough for me. I just want to change the font size, if it is just a file to edit it is ok too.

1 Like

Does this problem also happen when you create a new user and log in there? (E.G. weg2)

:thinking:

P.S. “The police” = “La policía”

:oncoming_police_car: :grin: :oncoming_police_car:

1 Like

Yes. Exactly the same.

And yes, I mean the font, not the police. Sorry.

1 Like

As I’m on KDE, that’s as much as I can help you. Let’s hope a Gnome expert can help you more efficiently!

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Is this something you could try to fix with the kvantum manager and configure the QT font to be a step larger?

1 Like

The same problem here. I’d like to get help too.

1 Like

How you edit the fonts size? Describe in detail

I’m just going to push the button. And after the try the window is closed. That’s all.

That is not very detailed LMAO. :rofl:

Well, I launch qt5ct, follow fonts category, push the button to choose any other font and… voila! …window flies into skies. Good bye window. ) qt5ct is closed without asking my sanction.

Tried this on a clean pahvo install and can reproduce the behavior @hilex describes.

$ qt5ct                                                           
Configuration path: "/home/h/.config/qt5ct"
Shared QSS paths: ("/home/h/.local/share/qt5ct/qss", "/home/h/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/qss", "/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/qss", "/usr/local/share/qt5ct/qss", "/usr/share/qt5ct/qss", "/var/lib/snapd/desktop/qt5ct/qss")
Shared color scheme paths: ("/home/h/.local/share/qt5ct/colors", "/home/h/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/colors", "/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/colors", "/usr/local/share/qt5ct/colors", "/usr/share/qt5ct/colors", "/var/lib/snapd/desktop/qt5ct/colors")

1 Navigate to font tab
2 click on image

Window closes and outputs this to stdout:

(process:1562): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:16:15.936: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

(process:1562): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 18:16:15.936: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed

zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  qt5ct

The output does give some results when searching but nothing that shines like a solution to me, all is application specific.

3 Likes

Just delete the folder qt5ct in .config folder in your home directory

1 Like

It seems it work. Thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.