DisplayLink issues - Missing Providers (i3) - Docking Station

Hey guys!

Complete noob here, and I’ve been searching for ages - Can’t seem to figure this out for the love of me.

Turns out the docking station I was provided with (Targus 4K Quad) runs DisplayLink, so I’m battling trying to get my screens up and running through the docking station. Yes, I’ve come to understand I shouldn’t use DisplayLink - but this is my only option as of right now. Changing the docking is not an option.

Edit: Kernel version: 5.15.28-1-MANJARO

First off:
I’ve followed the Arch documentation on DisplayLink
I’ve tried removing, adding and changing /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-evdi.conf and 20-displaylink.conf according to the DisplayLink arch doc.

I’ve tried reinstalling DisplayLink as well. During all of my changes I’ve of course rebooted to make sure changes are applied correctly.

Currently it seems displaylink and evdi services and such are doing ok. There’s no errors, no services that doesn’t run, or issues as such. In Arandr I can see outputs, and the VIRTUAL1 output has also popped up recently (still greyed out, though).

My focus right now is getting the xrandr --listproviders to list the necessary providers. Currently it is only listing the laptop display. However, when checking dmesg and grepping for Display, I seem to find the two displays that are connected to the docking right now (at least I assume so due to the 4-1 and 4-2 inputs - all display inputs have HDMI and DP)

xrandr --listproviders
Providers: number : 1
Provider 0: id:0x4a cap: 0xb, Source Output, Sink, Output, Sink Offload crtcs: 5 outputs: 7 associated providers: 0 name:Intel

dmesg | grep Display
[ 1.887917] usb 4-1.3: Manufacturer: DisplayLink
[ 3.590780] usb 4-1.4: Manufacturer: DisplayLink
[ 489.588394] usb 4-2.3: Manufacturer: DisplayLink
[ 489.842281] usb 4-2.4: Manufacturer: DisplayLink

To mention it again; I am completely new to Linux and manjaro, so take it easy on me - and make sure you explain clearly… don’t assume I know things xD I’m all out of ideas, and have been searching all day - so any input is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.