Cursor behaviour (leaves trails, blinking)

Cursor leaves trails, blinking, have a transparent square around it, i noticed that such behaviour usually apears when curcor is at left side of the screen.

System info:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.79.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.4.101-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Pentium® CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 3.8 ГиБ of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 405

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> PCI Device: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0 (0300:8086:22b1)
  Display controller Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  > INSTALLED:

NAME:        video-linux
   ATTACHED:    PCI
   VERSION:     2018.05.04
   INFO:        Standard open source drivers.
   PRIORITY:    2
   FREEDRIVER:  true
   DEPENDS:     -
   CONFLICTS:   -
   CLASSIDS:    0300 0380 0302 
   VENDORIDS:   1002 8086 10de

if go to settings and find the “compositor” (perhaps under your window manager settings) and try turning it on/off. May help

1 Like

That worked for me, thank you.
Maybe there is another solution without disabling all the effects?

defo’, my friend. Have a look at this over-recommended video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3esPpe-fclI

It covers fun info about how the compositor works, but more importantly why you should care. After watching that, you should feel more comfortable researching other compositors to install that meet your needs, OR, since your current setup is probably a little bugged, how to edit some settings of your current compositor :slight_smile:

If you play games, you will love the fact that you can change settings in the first place- really makes the system run as you want it with proper use.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.